For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
richbailey86's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Friday, March 11th, 2016 12:36 PM

LG G4 Major Problems

My 1st LG G4 was great. After several months it went into boot loop.

It was replaced under warranty.

Now, my second LG G4 has also went into boot loop.

This is an issue LG is aware of and Sprint actually recalled some of the devices.

Customer care states they don't know about it but the service centers say they see it everyday.

This is the SECOND time I am losing everything.

Customer care just brushes it under the rug. I asked for a different phone of the same price as I spent almost $600 on this paper weight.

Granted this is not ATT fault, it is LG fault.

LG will fix this issue for free but the turn around is 6 weeks.

THESE PHONES ARE DEFECTIVE. Google lg g4 boot loop.

I want a different phone!!!!! Not another G4. I have not had it a year, well within warranty.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @richbailey86

I’m very sorry to hear you’ve had so many issues with your G4.

We'd be glad to look into this further for you.

Please send a private message by clicking here including

·         Your AT&T account details
·         Contact number associated with your AT&T account
·         Best time to reach you

We look forward to hear from you.

Thank you

Rachel A
AT&T Social Media Manager

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

LG is making good on these phones, that is how it should be, they made it, they carry your warranty.

ATT is restricted to replacing devices under the agreement they have with the manufacturer.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Same here. Third replacment won't even launch apps, is running at 113 degrees. So I have another four to five days before I get a working device.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My LG G4 has just experienced the boot loop problem that they are known for. I took it into the local company store where a couple of their technicians indicated it is a well known issue with Android 6.0. They tried some procedure to correct the problem but my phone was not responding. The technicans were super and well trained but the only answer was to return it to LG for a replacement. The phone was less than 10 months old, so it was covered under warranty. The store technicans also indicated that they were not seeing a lot replacement phones experiencing the same problem. I'm concerned to read here, that other phone owners are experiencing the same recurring problem and some even more than once after service/replacement. Sounds like AT&T/LG really don't know how to fix it or it's too expensive on their part to do it right. My issue right now is, the replacement phone they are sending me is coming from Dallas, TX to Harrisburg, PA and this morning I find they shipped it UPS Ground. The time it will take on the UPS truck to get to Harrisburg, PA and then sit for the weekend at the UPS terminal and then be delivered on Monday as late 7:30 PM, will leave me without a phone for five days. When I've purchased new AT&T phones online, they were delivered the next day. Guess once AT&T has got you hooked for a two-year contract and sell you a problem laden phone, you are now considered a second class citizen. Shame on me, as there probably was something hidden deep in the contact and warranty fine print what I signed that probably prepared me for that change in social status. Guess at the next contract renewal & upgrade time, I will look to see how the other carriers treat their customers from a warranty point of view. Maybe AT&T should focus on phone service and common sense customer service, instead of pushing Direct TV via mail and their wireless stores. I hope I get one of the good LG G4 phones back and don't have to go through this pain again. If not, I'll be looking for a Verzion contact buy out. Good luck fellow AT&T/LG G4 fellow customers. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Here we go for a second time. Phone goes through updates and get stuck in the reboot loop. I am so fed up with this. ATT needs to make good on this. I went to try to click on the chat button but of course it is grayed out. I am absolutely disgusted with the LG G4

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am having the same issues and services you are getting from AT&T.  2 out of my 4 LG G4 phones have the same problem.  One died 2 months ago, and the sencond died 2 weeks ago.  My phones are only 8 months old.  I took the most recent phone to an AT&T corporate store in Houston, TX (I was in Houston when it died).  They said there was nothing they could do (but the sign outside said "AT&T"). They said I would have to contact the warranty department.  I was on a business trip and was forced to buy a prepaid phone to use for 5 days. My replacement phone was supposed to arrive 0n 8/6/2016 nothing yet....guess will see if it gets here on Monday. Just to mention that I have been with AT&T for close to 20 years, and now I feel like crap buy the way I am being treated by them.  I would like to have all 4 phones replaced with my previous brand which was Samsung. The salesrep was very very convincing when I was told that LG G4 was a better phone than Samsung Galaxy.  Once you walk out of the store you are at the mercy of AT&T customer service and support "over the phone" no physical person representing AT&T is available out there when you have problems. How lousy!!!  I'm frustrated and will soon switch.  Just to mention that I have ATT Direct TV, Business LAN line service, Business Internet, Home internet....all with AT&T......

A=Attitude

T=Trouble

&

T=Tension

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

My LG g4 was replaced twice under warranty by equally as defective phones.  The underlying issue was postponed until it went out of warranty.  When it failed the next time LG agreed to fix it out of warranty.  The fix was just another defective LG G4.  ATT rep says it is a manufacturer issue.  I say I did not buy it from the manufacturer I bought it from ATT and they should stand behind the products they sell.  I still owe $230.00 on a phone that I never got a continuous year of service from through no fault of my own.  At this point finding another carrier that will pay off my defective product is starting to look attractive.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@kvelezatc wrote:

My LG g4 was replaced twice under warranty by equally as defective phones.  The underlying issue was postponed until it went out of warranty.  When it failed the next time LG agreed to fix it out of warranty.  The fix was just another defective LG G4.  ATT rep says it is a manufacturer issue.  I say I did not buy it from the manufacturer I bought it from ATT and they should stand behind the products they sell.  I still owe $230.00 on a phone that I never got a continuous year of service from through no fault of my own.  At this point finding another carrier that will pay off my defective product is starting to look attractive.

@kvelezatc

actually it is a LG problem...  ATT just sold you the phone thats IT.....  All warranty is thru LG.  LG is getting sued over this problem tho.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I know they are getting sued. Doesn't resolve my problem.  You have a company phone and if it is defective you just go get another one.  My problems started less than 30 days after purchasing.  The store told me to call tech support, tech support told me to do a factory reset, replaced one, twice and you know the sequence, until out of warranty.  Not a way to stand by what you sell or lookout after your customer. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If your LG fridge stops working after 9 months, its a warranty issue and you have to deal directly with the manufacturer - LG.  You don't call Home Depot or Sears for a new fridge.  

This is another one of the US carriers self inflicted wounds.  They have been babying the customers for decades into thinking phones were included with service.  They are NOT.

As an additional service to you, for free, ATT and other carriers provide a quick swap out service for warranty claims.   Do not make the mistake of thinking the carrier is replacing your phone under an ATT warranty.  NO.   Your warranty is with LG and they are only swapping phones under a contract with each manufacturer.  

Apple requires customers deal with them directly.  

If all carriers would wise up and make the same deal, customers might get the drift.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.