The Samsung Galaxy S24
haryshenoy's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 6:49 PM

LG G3 Unlocked phone not able to use to cellular data

Hello I am using LG G3 Unlocked phone and my carrier is AT&T. I am able to connect to WiFi and everything is fine about it. But when I don't have WiFi accessible, the cellular data is not working. I made sure that the Cellular Data icon is turned on and the preferred network mode is set to already set to "GSM/WCDMA auto".  

The other preffered network modes were 1. GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, 2. WCDMA only, 3. GSM only. I can manually change and make it stay at WCDMA only. If I try to keep in the 1st option, it reverts backs to its original "GSM/WCDMA auto" status. 

The Access point names shows AT&T PTA and inside that it shows a preview of plenty other things like PORT, PROXY, USER NAME, PASSWORD and none of them can be edited.

Please advice me on how I can use my cellular data. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

You have an unlocked phone, on ATT , but what network did it come from?

and ATT phone will not work on Verizon or Sprint or prepaid carriers that are CDMA networks.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

The SIM card/ my carrier is from AT&T and the phone I bought is unlocked without any carriers

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

To set your APN settings:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=41412&cv=820

Any further problems use the support contact.   

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

what model # is the phone????

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I couldn't find my Phone model in the list from the link below. My phone model is LG G3 and the model number is LG- D855. Could you please share the instructions to set the APN for that specific model number?

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=41412&cv=820

Thanks,

Hari

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

My phone model is LG G3 and the model number as shown in the phone settings is LG- D855.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

You are right Glimmerman76. I am not able to link up to the LTE thing in my phone. It is currently using preffered Network mode as GSM/WCDMA auto and I cant change it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto in the settings. 

Could you please suggest me on how I can get the LTE in my phone? Do I need to update my phone details with my carrier or do I need to make any changes to the new APN that I have created?

Please advise me on this. I appreaciate your help.

Thanks,

Hari

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@haryshenoy

you wont ever get LTE on the phone as the hardware does not support it.  Your stuck with hspa and hspa+ with the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.