For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Akashymon's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, November 9th, 2014 2:37 PM

LG G3 5.0 Update

LG announced that they would be pushing out the android lollipop 5.0 updates for the G3 this week. When will ATT push it out to the D850?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share some good news with you all! An Android Lollipop update (version 5.0.1) is now available for download over the air on your LG G3 device!

Please click here for more info.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Given AT&T's past track record which is much worse than average when it comes to OS updates and LG's track record which is worse than AT&T's (I know, hard to imagine), I would not expect the update until late 1st quarter next year (2015). Now I understand that this will anger some people and I would love it if it happened sooner, however my past experiences suggest that AT&T in particular will be in no hurry to provide the update. When you buy a carrier branded phone, you simply do not know what you are going to get as far as updates go. The 1st AT&T branded phone I had was the Samsung Galaxy S; took AT&T 9 months to provide the update to Froyo. The 2nd has the HTC One X, this took 9 months as well to update to Jelly Bean. Three things one can do; Wait for the update, root the handset and install a custom ROM, or sell the phone and buy a Nexus device if you are looking for timely OS updates. The bottom line is The US carriers will get to it when they get to it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

No LG is pushing it out in Poland then spreading to other european countries.  There have been now anouncements about the usa

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Google LG G3 D850 Lollipop update. The first selection is a post (with screenshots) that someone saw our model phone running Lollipop on the HTML5 test site 2 days ago. The build is almost final judging by the software version. I'd say we get it sooner than later. LG isn't messing around this time lol. They're most likely going to beat Nexus devices with this release. That's insane.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

nope nexus otas started today alone with the images being posted.  Right on time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just downloaded mine. A LOT quicker of a rollout and the actual download itself took about 3 minutes over wifi. I am an AT&T user in the central time zone and a small market at that.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

You downloaded what? LG/ATT lollipop? It hasn't been released yet. Are you talking about installing via custom rom?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think you downloaded Lollipop... From what I can tell, it's not available yet.

Certainly, an update like this would take longer than 3 minutes to download and install 🙂

Ryan

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I just noticed his post date - Which was right around the time there was a small update to take the software to version D85010F, which is still Android v. 4.4.2 (KitKat).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

When is the lollipop update expected for LG g3 ? All blogs point to year end of 2014.. 1 more day to go.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.