LG G2 hangs sending texts?

Highlighted
Contributor

LG G2 hangs sending texts?

I'm just wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone else has even noticed it.  Since the 4.4.2 KitKat update, my LG G2 will occasionally hang at "sending" when I try to send a text.  Rebooting the phone or putting it into airplane mode then taking it back out of airplane mode will get the text to send.

This seems to happen 3-5 times per day and happens regardless of where I am (which tower) or whether I'm on 4G (HSPA+) or 4G LTE.  I don't remember it happening before the KitKat update.

It's really just a minor annoyance, but I'm curious as to how widespread it is.

Message 1 of 4

Re: LG G2 hangs sending texts?

Mine does that too. And my texts come in backwards too. I notice it mainly when iPhone users send me multiple messages, haven't noticed with Android users yet.

Message 2 of 4
Teacher

Mine also - but only with the Android email client - my GoDaddy WorkSpace and K-9 work fine

Message 3 of 4

i had the same problem when sending texts. so i would use hangout instead. i also had the same problem when receiving texts because they would be out of order. it wasnt just with iphone users, but other os users as well. so,  i went into my settings, hit general, then hit date and time. i selected automatic date and time and automatic time zone, and bingo..no more out of order texts. 

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support