Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LG G2 Lollipop update.

Contributor

LG G2 Lollipop update.

Hello, I am curious when the update will be available. I have come across the deadzone touch screen phantom issues as so many other people have had. I have read the 5.0 update will be a fix to this since this was not an issue before Jellybean. I have tried everything to fix the phone in the meantime. I did a reset and I knew it wouldnt work but the guy on the phone with LG insisted! There is definatley a dead zone on the screen about and inch and a half of where the notification bar is. I updated the firmware touch and did a bunch of tests, everything worked. I do not have money to send into LG to get this fixed. I hope LG realizes this is an software/hardware issue and stop making people pay for something they had nothing to do with.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 3
Teacher

Re: LG G2 Lollipop update.

I'm dowloading mine right now, was just released.

Message 2 of 3
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: LG G2 Lollipop update.

Lollipop 5.0.1 is now available for the LG G2 via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) on April 14, 2015. Wi-Fi is required.

Connect the device to Wi-Fi.
Select Menu or pull down the notification shade.
Select All Settings > General.
Select About phone > Software update > Update Now.
A status message displays: A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All services (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
Tap Continue.
A status message displays: The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
Tap OK.

For some tips and tricks please visit https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Galaxy-S4-Not-S5-get-Lollipop-5-0-1-today/m-p/4214100#M58610

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support