The Samsung Galaxy S24
owencarl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 16th, 2015 3:35 PM

LG G2 Lollipop LED notification doesn't work

After I updated to Lollipop on my G2, the front LED notification light doesn't blink when there is a new email coming. I have checked the LED in Setting is ON. Also, the LED will blink once when I dim the screen and the new email has not been read.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Just a wild thought.... Can you turn on your volume. Just put it in a setting other than Vibration and Silent. With 5.0+ it handles the vibration and silent mode differently. If you put it in silent mode, if im not wrong, with lolipop you will even miss the alarm. 

All - Will make sound/ ringtone for all notifications.

Vibrate -  Vibrate on all notifications. 

Priority - No sound on notifications except priority interruption. For example, alarms are always an exception. You can configure exceptions in the Interruption Settings.

NONE - nothing..... 

You can access them by turning the volume down all the way to zero

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I was on "All". I made sure all the sounds and notification sounds are on, but it's still not blinking. I'm wondering if it's just me or it's a common issue.

One more observation: LED blinks for missed calls, but not for emails, messages. Someone in XDA posted the same problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was having the same issue here, but then i just tried toggling off/on the notification LED for "Downloaded Apps".  Seems to be working now for both Gmail and my 3rd party email app (MailWise). Annoyling it now seems to be using Green for all notifications with no option to change the color.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same problem with LED email notices no longer working on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Tried toggling on/off still doesn't work. 

Also had some weirdness with wifi earlier where it would no longer let me connect to my home wifi if it was set to not broadcast the ssid.

So far very upset about how lollipop has messed up my phone when it was working wonderfully under KitKat.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

ATT did a big disservice on this update to it's customers. The G2 has been my faithful phone for about 2 years now. Now the notification LED is broken and the home screen rotation is gone. And I have no idea why there is not a back button in the browser. Everyone is having these issues, and it will take them a year to fix them.

Why didn't I just stick to KitKat.......

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

From what I recall, I had  no choice but to apply the update -- or if I had known it was this major of an update, I probably would not have applied it before doing some research but I honest don't recall any option to delay it.

According to the wiki page on lollipop, it has been very slow to adopt and only 5.4% of devices in the world have it...  in other words,  we are  being used as the test bed of users to iron out unknown bugs.

Luckily my phone isn't completely trashed like I read happened to some phone models, but over the next months I'm sure anytime anything buggy happens I'll have to wonder if it's because of lollipop.

Guess best thing to do is wait and keep googling/researching and see what solutions arise over time as it seems too new to get any real help from support which I'm sure will just offer the drastic factory reset option.

I feel for you since you had your phone so long and I'm sure were very used to how it worked.  I've only had mine for 3 months (my first smart phone) and now have a bad taste over the whole experience.  Regretting Android....

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I believe I have fixed my issue with the above described post-lollipop update issue that turned off the LED notifications light for email alerts.  The following steps seem to have fixed it on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha:

Go to settings >  Storage > then purge Cached Data by tapping it and confirming. 

Once I did that , I got an alert for 8 new emails which were tests I had been sending myself to test the LED notice light for my AT&T e-mail app (same as Yahoo Mail ).

I had deleted those test emails hours prior, but once I cleared the app cache data on my phone it is as if it released some process that sent all backlogged notifications and the lovely purple light turned on.

Do not see any adverse affects from having cleared the app cache so goodluck those who try it!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is why I froze the system update app with titanium backup. I'm not going to be taking something that ain't broke to "fix" it with lollipop's stupid implementation of notifications and sound profiles. You can downgrade if you want.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 , go down to section that says 2015 tot method
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.