The Samsung Galaxy S24
krowell's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 6:23 PM

LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

I got the LG G Pad recently for 99 cents when I purchased a phone. I have used it quite a bit. Last week I plugged it in to recharge overnight and now it won't power on. It seems to be completely dead. Is there anything I can do before making a trip to the AT&T store?

Thanks, Kim

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, krowell!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your device won't turn on. Have you checked to make sure that the charger isn't the issue? If you've already done some basic troubleshooting, and your device is still under warranty, you may want to visit the device support center closest to you.

To learn more about device warranty and device support center locations, click on the link below.

Device Warranty and Device Support Center

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Ok After tons of research I found something that worked for me hold power button 10 seconds then plug in while still holding power button until unit powered on (about another 10 seconds). This is obviously a known issue with the device I found so many forums with this tab and also the 8.3 I think it is .... Lg customer service was a joke my tablet is 60 days old they want me to mail it to them and in 5-7 days I will find out from them if they are going to fix or replace it!! What?!? I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT!!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you so much, Mariana. I have tried several different chargers without success. My device is under warranty but I did not know whether to take it to my nearest AT&T store. Your link was the solution I needed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me just now, I couldn't get my LG GPAD that I got on the same deal as you, to come on. I tried pluging it in and everything but nothing..... I decided to try removing the SIM card and put it back in and it turned right on. I have no clue why or how but it worked for me, give it a try..... who knows it might be a glitch with a simple solution

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I will try that next time it happens. After I posted before I didn't try to turn it on for a week, then when I did it worked. It wouldn't come on antoher time since then and I waited a couple of days and tried again and it worked. I have several chargers from other devices (Kindle Fire, for example) but I am making a point to use the LG supplied charger and that does not seem to help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Thanks for the info! I had the same issue and used your solution to get it to work.  Held the power button for 10 seconds (then plugged it in) and held it down.  It turned right on.  Thanks!!!

Obviously this is a known defect for these inexpensive tablets.  But for the price 99 cents, its still a good bargain!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The post that worked is hold start button for 10 seconds then plug charger while holding start button down for another 10 seconds - I great solution Thank you!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just got my LG Gpad 7.0 2 weeks ago, and I'm already having this issue. Though this fixed it for me too, for now at least. Any idea why holding the power button before plugging it in is what fixes it? Kind of seems like a case of FM if you ask me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This worked for me too! Thanks so much! We had checked everything else including the charger. It was fully charged already so I knew it wasn't dead. Just something inside I suppose. And LG is worth a little trouble. My ex had a LG Ally for years and the blasted thing is still kickin'! He's put it through the worse kind of use too.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Plugging it in while pressing the button worked for me too! Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.