Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

Contributor

LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

I got the LG G Pad recently for 99 cents when I purchased a phone. I have used it quite a bit. Last week I plugged it in to recharge overnight and now it won't power on. It seems to be completely dead. Is there anything I can do before making a trip to the AT&T store?

Thanks, Kim

Message 1 of 40
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by krowell
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: LG G Pad 7 won't turn on

Hello, krowell!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your device won't turn on. Have you checked to make sure that the charger isn't the issue? If you've already done some basic troubleshooting, and your device is still under warranty, you may want to visit the device support center closest to you.

To learn more about device warranty and device support center locations, click on the link below.

Device Warranty and Device Support Center

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 40
Contributor

Thank you so much, Mariana. I have tried several different chargers without success. My device is under warranty but I did not know whether to take it to my nearest AT&T store. Your link was the solution I needed.

Message 3 of 40
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me just now, I couldn't get my LG GPAD that I got on the same deal as you, to come on. I tried pluging it in and everything but nothing..... I decided to try removing the SIM card and put it back in and it turned right on. I have no clue why or how but it worked for me, give it a try..... who knows it might be a glitch with a simple solution
Message 4 of 40
Contributor

I will try that next time it happens. After I posted before I didn't try to turn it on for a week, then when I did it worked. It wouldn't come on antoher time since then and I waited a couple of days and tried again and it worked. I have several chargers from other devices (Kindle Fire, for example) but I am making a point to use the LG supplied charger and that does not seem to help.

Message 5 of 40
Solution
Accepted by (Contributor)
Accepted by NinjaBunny123
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Ok After tons of research I found something that worked for me hold power button 10 seconds then plug in while still holding power button until unit powered on (about another 10 seconds). This is obviously a known issue with the device I found so many forums with this tab and also the 8.3 I think it is .... Lg customer service was a joke my tablet is 60 days old they want me to mail it to them and in 5-7 days I will find out from them if they are going to fix or replace it!! What?!? I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT!!
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 40
Contributor

Thanks for the info! I had the same issue and used your solution to get it to work.  Held the power button for 10 seconds (then plugged it in) and held it down.  It turned right on.  Thanks!!!

Obviously this is a known defect for these inexpensive tablets.  But for the price 99 cents, its still a good bargain!

Message 7 of 40
Contributor

The post that worked is hold start button for 10 seconds then plug charger while holding start button down for another 10 seconds - I great solution Thank you!!
Message 8 of 40
Contributor

I just got my LG Gpad 7.0 2 weeks ago, and I'm already having this issue. Though this fixed it for me too, for now at least. Any idea why holding the power button before plugging it in is what fixes it? Kind of seems like a case of FM if you ask me.

Message 9 of 40
Contributor

This worked for me too! Thanks so much! We had checked everything else including the charger. It was fully charged already so I knew it wasn't dead. Just something inside I suppose. And LG is worth a little trouble. My ex had a LG Ally for years and the blasted thing is still kickin'! He's put it through the worse kind of use too.

Message 10 of 40
Contributor

Plugging it in while pressing the button worked for me too! Thanks!
Message 11 of 40
Contributor

This worked for me.  I just got this one less than a week ago and it did this.  

Message 12 of 40
Contributor

Thanks @Jenai782001. I follow your instructions and it came right on. You are a lifesaver.
Message 13 of 40
Contributor

Same issue...got it for $.99 when I upgraded my phone...YESTERDAY!!! The sales rep totally sold me on it...worked his persuasive magic and within minutes I thought, "Hey! This will be so awesome for Maeve!" My little 4-year old has to constantly argue and fight to get her hands on an iPad or the Mac...and she loves playing her little educational (and not-so-educational) games. Well! We got home, opened it up and she LOVED it! Then disaster struck! After charging it "for hours and hours" it wouldn't turn on. It BROKE MY HEART!!! I followed the advice...hold the power button for 10 seconds then plug in and keep holding power button...it worked. But, by GOD, if this product hurts my little girl's feelings again, I'll throw it in the fire and buy her a REAL iPad! I am NOT impressed!

FYI, I have had my MacBook Pro for four years and NOT A SINGLE ISSUE and we own two iPads, one of which my 7 year old saved and paid for by herself...NO ISSUES WITH APPLE PRODUCTS EVER! Just sayin'...

Message 14 of 40

JessieDWildcat I have only had the problem twice and it happened when the battery completely drained... So I try to get it charged before it dies(which is hard when your kid is on it I know). Honestly I won't let my 4 year old play with this one it seems too fragile. A great tablet for my son is the kindle fire hd he has had it over two years and it's still going strong. We are an apple household as well but I'm not buying him an iPad!! If you decide to get something else for your daughter look into the kindle it is so worth every penny.
Message 15 of 40
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support