The Samsung Galaxy S24
rowell65's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 3:20 PM

Kitkat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

Does anyone know when the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will be released?  I upgraded my wife's Samsung GS4 to 4.4.2 a few days ago, but was surprised when the update wasn't available for the active yet.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@rowell65 wrote:

Does anyone know when the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will be released?  I upgraded my wife's Samsung GS4 to 4.4.2 a few days ago, but was surprised when the update wasn't available for the active yet.

I've not heard anything at all about Active, but in general it being a lot less popular than the S4 I doubt it's as high priority for Samsung to update.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I have an active and haven't heard anything about an update yet either. Unfortunately we usually have to wait a while longer for updates. Cat Sad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I spoke to someone from Samsung 3 days ago. He said there is an update for the Active, but when it is released depends upon the carrier.
I like the Active but am seriously considering the S5 since it is dust and water resistant as well.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah the Active is slotted for the update it is just a matter of waiting on AT&T to actually push it out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I read that the S5 is just that water "resistant"
The S4 is water "proof"
and they're rated differently on that.
I like my Active
Hate at&t and the wait times on the updstes. They are the slowest of all.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

Neither one are waterPROOF they are both water-resitant. Waterproof is a ridiculous marketing term that is really missused.They have the same IP67 rating of 3ft-30mins, there is no difference. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just installed the 4.3 update today, it was not pushed by ATT, I just checked to see if KitKat was available and there was the 4.3 update.  I wonder if the other carriers have pushed the 4.4.2 update?  If so, that may be a good reason to consider switching?   If ATT is falling behind the competitors with upgrades, what else is ATT slipping on?  At least ATT lowered their plan rates. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I find it somewhat ironic that AT&T promotes keeping your phone OS software updated to the latest version, yet they (AT&T) won't release the latest update from Google/Samsung.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T is the only carrier with the Active. However, AT&T and most other carriers have pushed the update for the S4. They are just lagging behind with the Active. AT&T isn't the only one that is slow on updates (my VZW S4 work phone still doesn't have it) but they are certainly tops on the list for being slowest!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Below is from the AT&T update support page, but it does not show up when i try to update my Active.

Effective March 26th, 2014, a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active (SGH-i537) will be available to AT&T customers. This software package updates your phone to Android 4.4, and includes multiple improvements.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.