Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 8, 2014
7:20:07 AM
View profile
Kitkat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

Does anyone know when the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will be released?  I upgraded my wife's Samsung GS4 to 4.4.2 a few days ago, but was surprised when the update wasn't available for the active yet.

Does anyone know when the Kitkat 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will be released?  I upgraded my wife's Samsung GS4 to 4.4.2 a few days ago, but was surprised when the update wasn't available for the active yet.

Kitkat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

14 replies
(6) Me too
(6) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 3:36:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

rowell65 wrote:

I've not heard anything at all about Active, but in general it being a lot less popular than the S4 I doubt it's as high priority for Samsung to update.

rowell65 wrote:

I've not heard anything at all about Active, but in general it being a lot less popular than the S4 I doubt it's as high priority for Samsung to update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Kitkat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active?

2 of 15 (8,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 1:24:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have an active and haven't heard anything about an update yet either. Unfortunately we usually have to wait a while longer for updates. Cat Sad

I have an active and haven't heard anything about an update yet either. Unfortunately we usually have to wait a while longer for updates. Cat Sad

3 of 15 (6,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 10:55:38 AM
(0)
Contributor
I spoke to someone from Samsung 3 days ago. He said there is an update for the Active, but when it is released depends upon the carrier.
I like the Active but am seriously considering the S5 since it is dust and water resistant as well.
I spoke to someone from Samsung 3 days ago. He said there is an update for the Active, but when it is released depends upon the carrier.
I like the Active but am seriously considering the S5 since it is dust and water resistant as well.

4 of 15 (5,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2014 6:03:43 PM
(0)
Mentor
Yeah the Active is slotted for the update it is just a matter of waiting on AT&T to actually push it out.
Yeah the Active is slotted for the update it is just a matter of waiting on AT&T to actually push it out.

5 of 15 (5,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2014 9:25:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
I read that the S5 is just that water "resistant"
The S4 is water "proof"
and they're rated differently on that.
I like my Active
Hate at&t and the wait times on the updstes. They are the slowest of all.
I read that the S5 is just that water "resistant"
The S4 is water "proof"
and they're rated differently on that.
I like my Active
Hate at&t and the wait times on the updstes. They are the slowest of all.

6 of 15 (5,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 10:12:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

Neither one are waterPROOF they are both water-resitant. Waterproof is a ridiculous marketing term that is really missused.They have the same IP67 rating of 3ft-30mins, there is no difference. 

Neither one are waterPROOF they are both water-resitant. Waterproof is a ridiculous marketing term that is really missused.They have the same IP67 rating of 3ft-30mins, there is no difference. 

7 of 15 (5,259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 3:13:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just installed the 4.3 update today, it was not pushed by ATT, I just checked to see if KitKat was available and there was the 4.3 update.  I wonder if the other carriers have pushed the 4.4.2 update?  If so, that may be a good reason to consider switching?   If ATT is falling behind the competitors with upgrades, what else is ATT slipping on?  At least ATT lowered their plan rates. 

I just installed the 4.3 update today, it was not pushed by ATT, I just checked to see if KitKat was available and there was the 4.3 update.  I wonder if the other carriers have pushed the 4.4.2 update?  If so, that may be a good reason to consider switching?   If ATT is falling behind the competitors with upgrades, what else is ATT slipping on?  At least ATT lowered their plan rates. 

8 of 15 (5,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 3:27:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by gpbear on Apr 10, 2014 at 3:29:35 PM

I find it somewhat ironic that AT&T promotes keeping your phone OS software updated to the latest version, yet they (AT&T) won't release the latest update from Google/Samsung.

I find it somewhat ironic that AT&T promotes keeping your phone OS software updated to the latest version, yet they (AT&T) won't release the latest update from Google/Samsung.

[ Edited ]
9 of 15 (5,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 5:59:58 PM
(0)
Mentor
AT&T is the only carrier with the Active. However, AT&T and most other carriers have pushed the update for the S4. They are just lagging behind with the Active. AT&T isn't the only one that is slow on updates (my VZW S4 work phone still doesn't have it) but they are certainly tops on the list for being slowest!
AT&T is the only carrier with the Active. However, AT&T and most other carriers have pushed the update for the S4. They are just lagging behind with the Active. AT&T isn't the only one that is slow on updates (my VZW S4 work phone still doesn't have it) but they are certainly tops on the list for being slowest!

10 of 15 (5,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 2:48:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Below is from the AT&T update support page, but it does not show up when i try to update my Active.

Effective March 26th, 2014, a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active (SGH-i537) will be available to AT&T customers. This software package updates your phone to Android 4.4, and includes multiple improvements.

Below is from the AT&T update support page, but it does not show up when i try to update my Active.

Effective March 26th, 2014, a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 Active (SGH-i537) will be available to AT&T customers. This software package updates your phone to Android 4.4, and includes multiple improvements.

11 of 15 (4,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 9:42:17 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

Click on the link below to check out a blog post about the latest software update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

Android 4.4 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, everyone!

Click on the link below to check out a blog post about the latest software update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

Android 4.4 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

12 of 15 (4,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 11:13:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the update, Mariana!

Has anyone tested the GPS following the update?  I think several of us were having the same issue that the Note 3 users had with 4.3 where the GPS signal would drop when switching towers; rendered navigation and fitness tracking apps useless.  Hope this update restores that functionality.

Thanks for the update, Mariana!

Has anyone tested the GPS following the update?  I think several of us were having the same issue that the Note 3 users had with 4.3 where the GPS signal would drop when switching towers; rendered navigation and fitness tracking apps useless.  Hope this update restores that functionality.

13 of 15 (4,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 12:25:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

The GPS works great! Wonder why they have stopped distributing 4.4.2? What other horror is lurking in our "upgraded" phones? I have heard of hot batteries and frozen screens.

Will AT&T ever get it right? Smiley Mad

The GPS works great! Wonder why they have stopped distributing 4.4.2? What other horror is lurking in our "upgraded" phones? I have heard of hot batteries and frozen screens.

Will AT&T ever get it right? Smiley Mad

14 of 15 (3,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 1:17:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I updated to 4.4 last week and since then my phone has been very slow, the battery gets very hot and drains very quickly. The biggest problem is that when the phone is locked it will not always unlock when I try to unlock it and the touchscreen takes forever to respond. I've heard about people's touchscreen becoming completely unresponsive to where the phone's useless and I'm hoping that mine doesn't get that bad. Anyone else having these problems?

I updated to 4.4 last week and since then my phone has been very slow, the battery gets very hot and drains very quickly. The biggest problem is that when the phone is locked it will not always unlock when I try to unlock it and the touchscreen takes forever to respond. I've heard about people's touchscreen becoming completely unresponsive to where the phone's useless and I'm hoping that mine doesn't get that bad. Anyone else having these problems?

15 of 15 (3,729 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments