For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tucson146's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2011 3:27 PM

Kies (Firmware Update)

I've noticed when I plug my Captivate into my computer the link my media,  there is that option for Kies update.

Is this the Gingerbread update?  If so,  or if not,  Is this something we should do?  Or,  is wait and see if it creates more problems than it solves a better way to go?  As we all know from PC updates.

Thanks,  Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

@tucson146 wrote:

I've noticed when I plug my Captivate into my computer the link my media,  there is that option for Kies update.

Is this the Gingerbread update?  If so,  or if not,  Is this something we should do?  Or,  is wait and see if it creates more problems than it solves a better way to go?  As we all know from PC updates.

Thanks,  Bill

Kies is one of the USB options to connect to your Kies software on the PC. Outside US, Kies software lets you sync media and contacts and various other things (firmware update and tethering) In US, however, you have only Kies Mini that does only one thing: update firmware. Captivate 2.2 firmware is released through Kies Mini update. And currently, that's the latest you will get.

Go download Kies Mini from Samsung site and connect to see what you get 😉

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the reply

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.