The Samsung Galaxy S24
jan_raghavan's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 7:09 PM

JellyBean 4.1.2 for Samsung galaxy S3

I was wondering when is att is even planning to release this update. The whole has it except for ATT. Please update as to when it will be available for Kies.

Thanks,

Jan

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I have been wondering as well! All carriers but ATT have provided the update to 4.1.2. I can only guess that ATT is waiting for S4 to be released and is including premium suite in its release of 4.1.2. One can hope anyway.

That is the issue with Android and the carriers. There is never any communication on what will be upgraded and when (1st quarter, 2nd quarter,etc.). I dont expect that to change either nor do I expect ATT to come on this forum and state when 4.1.2 will be available.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

They're behind every carrier in the U.S. a month on it and Sprint just released the Premium Suite today. AT&T is only worried about the S4 launch it would seem. Forgetting those millions who signed up to get S3's less than a year ago and updates that enhance function and security kind of shows you where you stand with them once you're locked in. I'll never go this route again. What's bad is it's a flagship phone.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@Archienj7 wrote:
They're behind every carrier in the U.S. a month on it and Sprint just released the Premium Suite today. AT&T is only worried about the S4 launch it would seem. Forgetting those millions who signed up to get S3's less than a year ago and updates that enhance function and security kind of shows you where you stand with them once you're locked in. I'll never go this route again. What's bad is it's a flagship phone.

Agreed 100%. I really hope that Google releases a Nexus with LTE capability this year. I am not into rooting any more, as I don't feel like spending my time on it, nor do I feel that I should resort to it to update my phone. If an LTE-enabled Nexus doesn't come out this year, I'm considering severing my love affair with Android and looking elsewhere, maybe even crossing over to the dark side (the fruit company) if they release a phone with a larger screen. I've had it with the constant update delays.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

This carrier has become a sad excuse of a company.  I sit and watch phone after phone after phone receive the latest updates and yet the jokers cant update the GS3.  The older phones have receieved tha latest updates as well as the newer but they screw us, the very people that made their galaxy phone so dang important in the first place.  And customer service.......what a joke.  You may as wel call another carrier to get information because AT&T reps have no clue about anything.  A lot of them will lie and tell you that the update is expected in a week or so but then the next one you talk to will say that it is not even available to for them to give projected release dates.  Get it together AT&T.  Who cares of your are waiting to release the 4.2 update before other carriers?  Release the 4.1.2 update now and then release the other later.  Sometimes I wonder why a brand like samsung would even sign a contract with AT&T. People cant get the katest software for their device because AT&T has to make sure that it wont mess with the worthless bloatware.  When people see the pathetic service (update schedule) that AT&T has they may just start to jump ship.  Then they wont have to worry about getting nothing for such an expensive plan.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, I'm outta here soon as my contract is up.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

i just want the 4.1.2 update. thats it. jjust gimme the update and i promise as soon as my contract expires i will go to verizon. its clear u dont wanna give us what we want

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

Come on at&t update your phones!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.