The Samsung Galaxy S24
kurtisherzog88's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 2:24 PM

Issues with Samsung Galaxy S2 since Jelly Bean update

Very excited that we have it now.  However, the main bug I'm finding is that I get no text message notifications.  Not in the lock screen, not in the notification tray.  The only way to see is to constantly check my SMS inbox constantly.  I've tried updated the phone 2 different times.  I finally reset the device completely but to no avail.  Anyone else having this or other issues?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I guess I'm referring to the Samsung calendar app.  It's the one just called "Calendar" on the home screen with the green stripe above a white page with "31" on it.  It looks like a top-bound spiral calendar, if that makes sense.

As I said, Business Calendar works just fine for new and existing entries, where the "Calendar" app won't let me edit anything existing.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

I see that in the "Settings"->"Language and input"->"Keyboards and input methods", all three available keyboard choices are checked, with "Samsung Keyboard" and "Swype" dimmed but "Google voice typing" not dimmed. I can choose one default, but only between Samsung and Skype. I can update the settings for all three keyboards. It appears that all three keyboard methods are enabled and I can't check only one. Does anyone know why this is? I'm interested in having only one of the three enabled, in case it gives me some processing and/or battery usage improvement.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I finally got Gallery working (for the last two days).  I disabled the new apps that came with Jelly Bean - Google + and Google Play and Mini diary Apps. Don't know if that was the actual cause but Gallery works so I'll leave them disabled.

They may becausing other problems. 

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Everyone, 

Thank you for posting the issues you're having since the update. This allows us to take a look in to it for you. Can you all please send a Private Message by clicking here ?  Please let us know the details of the issue, the frequency of the issue (whether it's intermittent or constant), your city and state, your cell number and your phone's IMEI. 

Gathering this information will certainly help in isolating the issues, and help with troubleshooting. 

Thank you! 

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I think this is because Swype has a partnership with Samsung to have their keyboard on all Samsung phones.  So Samsung makes their own keyboard and the one from Swype the two possible default options, and they cannot be unselected or removed.

I tried disabling Swype in Application Manager, and you can, but it doesn't change the list of available keyboards. It does make it impossible to change the settings when the keyboard is disabled.  I doubt that it'd make much difference in CPU or battery usage, though.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

You disabled Google Play?!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I unistalled the updates to Google Play, Magazine and Movies and Google + first.  Then I was able to disable them in Settings/Applications Manager.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Oh ok. I'm assuming you don't mean that you uninstalled the Google Play Store (aka Android Market).

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry for the confusion. I just meant the Apps for Google Play Books; Play Magazines and Play Movies and Google +.  The rest are intact since everything works now. 

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

@turpinator wrote:
Maybe try clearing cache by holding volume up volume down and power buttons at startup until a menu pop up. Use volume down to select clean/ clear cache and power button to confirm.

Just did this and seem to have picked up some speed. Hopefully will help with battery life as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.