The Samsung Galaxy S24
kurtisherzog88's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 2:24 PM

Issues with Samsung Galaxy S2 since Jelly Bean update

Very excited that we have it now.  However, the main bug I'm finding is that I get no text message notifications.  Not in the lock screen, not in the notification tray.  The only way to see is to constantly check my SMS inbox constantly.  I've tried updated the phone 2 different times.  I finally reset the device completely but to no avail.  Anyone else having this or other issues?

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

You can change that in the messaging settings

scroll until you see notifications, make sure its checked, and then also make sure message preview is checked

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, did that. I figured out that it was because I had a third party SMS app (Handcent) and that as long as it was installed, I couldn't receive text notifications.  I just uninstalled Handcent, and now its working.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Gallery doesn't work after the update.  I can't access it yet I have lots of free space.  Any suggestions on a fix? 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I had that right after the update. I rebooted the phone - then connected it to Kies again (it didn't appear to change anything. After I disconnected the phone again, gallery worked. I did one other thing that might have helped - I tried the camera - it asked if I wanted to use the SD card for storage, and I said yes (as before). That might have fixed it.

Joe

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I did all of that.  Gallery worked for a little while and stopped working again. I can't understand why.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I'm stumped. Mine still works. Maybe someone else will have an idea. You might try a full restart (pull the battery and reinsert)

Joe

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

That's an interesting bug. I use another third-party texting app, but it channels through SMS, and I don't have this issue. Thanks for sharing.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I didn't see this particular issue.  I noticed that my gallery shortcut on my homescreen disappeared, but it was there in the apps drawer.  When I opened it, it asked about using the SD card.  I said yes, and it's been working fine since then. 

I'll have to get used to the new layout, though. 🙂

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. For some reason after a reset my Gallery will work for a while and then it will stop working again.
Glad to hear yours works fine. Must be my phone set up..

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

Maybe try clearing cache by holding volume up volume down and power buttons at startup until a menu pop up. Use volume down to select clean/ clear cache and power button to confirm.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.