The Samsung Galaxy S24
JohnGaltTN's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 9th, 2013 7:55 PM

Issues with Galaxy S4 update to 4.3

I have an i337, not rooted, running the OTA update of Android to JB 4.3. The update came OTA yesterday and since then I have not been able to use my back nor menu key. They are not lighting up and do nothing when touched in any screen. I know that the original release of 4.3 was halted due to issues, but this update came after the fix and redeployment. Is anyone else having similar problems? Has anyone heard of a fix for this that doesn't involve flashing back to previous version?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I don't have that issue but I am experiencing;

Screen not rotating, proximity sensing not working, forced to look up each contact to send a text (when before it would auto search if I typed the first letter of the persons name), tilt sensing ability gone (for games or scrolling), and some other stuff. Are we supposed to back up all of our data and reset our phones? Then wait for the update to be fixed, again?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Oh and I have a Samsung S4 too, and am currently using the 4.3... unhappily.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

When did you update?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

***UPDATE***

So, I was premature in jumping for joy at having fixed my S4. Within 20 minutes of the below post, the issues returned. Tried to repeat the process to no avail. Didn't even get a temporary fix this time. ::Sigh::

Problem solved. 

1. Backed up everything to Samsung Kies 3.

2. Performed Factory Reset.

3. Restored phone from Kies.

Simple fix, no data loss assuming you do a full backup to Kies AND the phone will still have the benefits(whatever they may be) of 4.3 without the issues. Let me know if this works for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Got news for ya, this method only puts it back to the updates software you installed and the issues are still present.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.