The Samsung Galaxy S24
kmccoy0502's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 13th, 2017 8:45 PM

Issues unlocking my phone

I have tried three different times to unlock my cell phone. I keep getting the message saying "not a consumer device". I've gone into the AT&T store and they are at a loss as well. I'm typing in the IMEI # correctly. When I check other sites this phone is showing it's locked to the AT&T network and is clear. I'm trying to unlock this phone to give to a friend. I've called CS and they were no help. Please help! Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Are you submitting as a non customer.  You should not submit as a customer unless unlocking a phone in use.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Has it ever been used on ATT?   Was this a Gophone purchased, but not used?   If not used, it is not yet in the database.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I purchased this phone from AT&T directly 4 years ago. It was used for 2 years and has just sat in my closet for the past two years. It was out of contract 2 years ago. My account with AT&T is still active. It's definitely in the database as it was used. It's only been used by myself on my AT&T account. It's not a Gophone. I'm not sure why it's saying it's not a consumer device when it was used for the duration of the contract?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I was submitting it as a customer. I submitted it as a non-customer and it worked. Thanks so much!! I guess since it's not in use, it was coming back as not a consumer device. Much appreciated!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Bingo!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I haven't seen any procedures. I left ATT
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.