For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
redhot4400's profile

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

Saturday, August 17th, 2013 3:40 PM

Is there any OTA update pushed from AT&T for Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket??

Today while browsing internet on AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727, OS: Android JB 4.1.2 , Baseband Version: I727UCMC1, Build Number: JZO54K.I727UCMC1) through Wi-Fi, suddenly the Skyrocket showed the AT&T logo just like while it shows at it’s start up and it restarted(think so). Soon the Software Update option was checked there shows check after 17 hrs., but there were no update was seen inside the software yet !! This Skyrocket has never done this type of behavior before. Hope someone can tell details about this act>>>>

Thanks in Advance

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

No, there was no update. What happens was your phone automatically checked for updates and didn't find any. When it does this, there will be a duration of 24 hours before it checks again. This includes manually checking.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

yeah the duration is 24 hours automatically, but after its now on JB 4.1.2 there is no option to check for the update over and over again like while it can be done on ICS 4.0.4. The skyrocket had more than 60% charge, then why it had to suddenly show the AT&T logo like the phone restart and then everything okey till now?

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

Check this link:

http://drippler.com/samsung/galaxy_s_iii#!946303

I saw this a few days ago and never heard any more about it.

Ken

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Here's the full article:

http://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s3-stability-update-rolled-out

Ken

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.