Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 17, 2013
8:40:49 AM
View profile
Is there any OTA update pushed from AT&T for Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket??

Today while browsing internet on AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727, OS: Android JB 4.1.2 , Baseband Version: I727UCMC1, Build Number: JZO54K.I727UCMC1) through Wi-Fi, suddenly the Skyrocket showed the AT&T logo just like while it shows at it’s start up and it restarted(think so). Soon the Software Update option was checked there shows check after 17 hrs., but there were no update was seen inside the software yet !! This Skyrocket has never done this type of behavior before. Hope someone can tell details about this act>>>>

Thanks in Advance

Today while browsing internet on AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727, OS: Android JB 4.1.2 , Baseband Version: I727UCMC1, Build Number: JZO54K.I727UCMC1) through Wi-Fi, suddenly the Skyrocket showed the AT&T logo just like while it shows at it’s start up and it restarted(think so). Soon the Software Update option was checked there shows check after 17 hrs., but there were no update was seen inside the software yet !! This Skyrocket has never done this type of behavior before. Hope someone can tell details about this act>>>>

Thanks in Advance

Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

Is there any OTA update pushed from AT&T for Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket??

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 10:34:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
No, there was no update. What happens was your phone automatically checked for updates and didn't find any. When it does this, there will be a duration of 24 hours before it checks again. This includes manually checking.
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
No, there was no update. What happens was your phone automatically checked for updates and didn't find any. When it does this, there will be a duration of 24 hours before it checks again. This includes manually checking.
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there any OTA update pushed from AT&T for Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket??

2 of 5 (4,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 12:10:22 PM
(0)
Scholar
yeah the duration is 24 hours automatically, but after its now on JB 4.1.2 there is no option to check for the update over and over again like while it can be done on ICS 4.0.4. The skyrocket had more than 60% charge, then why it had to suddenly show the AT&T logo like the phone restart and then everything okey till now?
yeah the duration is 24 hours automatically, but after its now on JB 4.1.2 there is no option to check for the update over and over again like while it can be done on ICS 4.0.4. The skyrocket had more than 60% charge, then why it had to suddenly show the AT&T logo like the phone restart and then everything okey till now?
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

3 of 5 (4,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 2:06:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hi,

Check this link:

http://drippler.com/samsung/galaxy_s_iii#!946303

I saw this a few days ago and never heard any more about it.

Ken

Hi,

Check this link:

http://drippler.com/samsung/galaxy_s_iii#!946303

I saw this a few days ago and never heard any more about it.

Ken

4 of 5 (4,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 2:08:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

Here's the full article:

http://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s3-stability-update-rolled-out

Ken

Here's the full article:

http://www.androidpit.com/galaxy-s3-stability-update-rolled-out

Ken

5 of 5 (4,114 Views)