The Samsung Galaxy S24
Chefbethany's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 10th, 2018 5:35 AM

Is there a way to undo the oreo update?

I have a galaxy s7 and I'm not at all happy about the new oreo update. I want to go back to what it was before this, because I haven't seen ANY benefits from this new update and only problems. My battery tanks considerably faster now, my selfie camera looks OK until I look at the actual picture and it's horrible by comparison, I can no longer assign different text alert sounds to separate contacts (which is really important when you can't be looking at your screen every time a text comes through), and my phone has been laggy all day since the update last night.  I hate this version and I have yet to discover any actual improvements 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

There is no official way to do that. There may be some technical way which includes voiding your warranty and may leave you with a bricked device.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Chefbethany - I suggest you wipe your S7's cache partition.  It's easy and safe to do, won't delete your data, and it can clear up many post-update issues:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
  3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
  4. Release all of the keys.
  5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
  6. Press the Power key to select.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.