The Samsung Galaxy S24
OmarGawsh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 13th, 2013 2:13 PM

Is it worth waiting for the Galaxy S5?

I know not a lot has been released about it yet. My phone is eligible for an upgrade and I want to switch from my iPhone 4s to a Galaxy. Is it worth waiting until the s5 or should I just get the s4? 

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

I would not think the S5 would be out before next year sometime. However, the S4 is a pretty good phone. I guess the question is can you stand to keep using your iPhone for the next 9 months or so?

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

My suggestion is to wait a couple of years for the Galaxy S7, that phone will be amazing!

All jokes aside, if you play the waiting game when it comes to phones, you'll be waiting forever. The GS4 is an excellent phone; however, be advised that AT&T takes an unreasonably long time to update their Android phones, frequently issuing updates considerably later (we're talking months here) than other carriers.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I would say if you want a phone now, go with the LG G2. Has great specs and and has some greast reviews so far.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@Tyler.Parker wrote:
I would say if you want a phone now, go with the LG G2. Has great specs and and has some greast reviews so far.

It sure sounds like a great phone, but LG is known for screwing up the software and then not updating their phones.

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

11 years ago

Comparing the LG G2 and the Galaxy S4 -- Going foward in the future, I'd definitely recommend getting the Galaxy Note 3!

I'm not sure if you're interested in Big Screen phones, but it has Similar specs as the LG and common specs as the S4. One really good thing I was impressed with is the 3GB of RAM.

Keep in mind that this phone comes out next month, I believe. So what else could Samsung improve with their phones besides making it bigger? Memory can't be an option, it already give you an option to expand it up to 64Gb via SD slot.

Cutting to the point, instead of trying to make it sweet, I believe the S5 would not be anything too amazing. But who knows, I'm a HTC Fan.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

If Samsung follows their past model, the S5 will be released in May 2014.  That's a pretty long time from now, and the S4 is only 4 months old.

Whether its "worth it" or not is really up to you.

If having the "latest and greatest" is what concerns you, than you may also consider the Note 3, as mentioned above.  Its coming out next month, and a larger screen than the S4, which may or may not be your thing.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, for the longest time I wasn't even going to consider a Note 3 as a next phone (i have the Note 2), as at that time the rumors were 6" screen and bigger dimensions than the Note 2. Therefore my next phone was most likely going to be a S5 in 2014. 

However, once the official specs for the Note 3 came out, 1mm skinnier, thinner, lighter, and a smidgen taller. 3GB RAM, 1080p screen and some great software updates, I couldn't pass it up and I preordered mine. 

As it was mentioned before, you can't keep waiting on the sidelines or else the game will always pass you by. Jump in and enjoy it! 

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is Known for being the last to release an Update.   I mean Months after everyonelse...  You must consider that with AT&T

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

11 years ago

I have to agree with you on that one.

But my phone has been running so buttery smooth om 4.2.1 that I don't want to jinx it!

And today my phone started prompting me to download the 4.2.2 update.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.