The Samsung Galaxy S24
spedly's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 19th, 2012 8:38 PM

Iphone to droid not getting texts

I just switched from an iphone 4 to a galaxsy S3. The problem I am having is I can not recieve any texts from friends with iphones. I have turned off imessage on the old iphone and unregistered it from apple's site, but I still do not get texts.  Has anyone else had this problem? If I can't get it figured out soon I am going to return this thing. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@spedly wrote:

I just switched from an iphone 4 to a galaxsy S3. The problem I am having is I can not recieve any texts from friends with iphones. I have turned off imessage on the old iphone and unregistered it from apple's site, but I still do not get texts.  Has anyone else had this problem? If I can't get it figured out soon I am going to return this thing. 

if they are sending with imessage and have SMS turned off in Imessage you will never see the text, imessage only talks to imessage and nothing else

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Do your friends with iPhone have a text messaging plan? or are they only using iMessage?

iMessage only works with iPhones and apple products, and if your friends do not have a text messaging plan, you will not recieve any text messages from them

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I am having same issue, but not from all of my contacts that are iphone users.  And all of them have texting plans but also have imessage enabled.  Sometimes I will receive their text, especially if I send them one first.  But like I said, do not have the issue with everybody.  I even had one friend delete my contact and put me back in, still not working like it should.  Imessage shouldn't be the problem, because I had my iphone set up to imessage when possible and no one I ever text had problems receiving them.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

12 years ago

I had this problem when I switched from a 3GS to a Galaxy S2 last fall.

Here's what I believe the problem is:

Apple's iMessage essentially intercepts all "text messages" from the iPhone. It checks if the recipient has an iPhone or not. If not, it will send as a text instead of an iMessage. It seems to do a really horrible job of detecting that someone has left the iPhone world. Some of your friends phones must still think you are in Apple land.

I didn't notice this for over a month. I turned my old iPhone back on to get some info off it and all of a sudden I got a bunch of iMessages that had been sent by a select few people. I was mad, called AT&T, they transfered me to Apple who I told to get me out of their system. Haven't had a problem since.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Sounds right, I hate to be pulled out of the system though, because i use the same itunes account for a ipod touch my daughter has. I did the samething, turnd on my wifi to the old iphone and was like geesh, they did text me. lol thanks

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@halfmoonboy181 wrote:
Sounds right, I hate to be pulled out of the system though, because i use the same itunes account for a ipod touch my daughter has. I did the samething, turnd on my wifi to the old iphone and was like geesh, they did text me. lol thanks

I don't think they would delete your whole iTunes account, just take the iPhone off of it.  Should be a simple thing for them to accomplish.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Very simple fix goto www.suportprofile.apple.com and unregister your old Iphone then resart your android based phone then it all should work just fine 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Simple fix go to www.suportprofile.apple.com and unregister you old phone then reset your android phone and bingo it should work

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I currently have an iPhone 4S, since September of 2013 (and previously had an iPhone 3 since January of 2010) and have had no issues texting, or receiving texts, until recently (within the last 3 weeks).  One of my friends has an android phone on T-Mobile, which he has had for several months.  I receive his texts, but he doesn't receive any of mine.  I did the suggested troubleshooting that I found online.....turning off iMessage, rebooting the iPhone, then turning iMessage back on.....making sure that SMS is turned to the "on" position.....deleting my friend's contact information, and re-entering him as a new contact.....deleting our past "text threads".....and he is still not receiving my texts.  Any suggestions as to what the issue might be?  Does my friend need to check any settings in his phone?  (He has never had an iPhone, or been an Apple customer, so resetting an Apple password, or deleting an Apple account is not the issue on his end).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Call Apple @ 800-692-7753 and ask to have your imessage account delted from the Apple IMessage server

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.