For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Alieski's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 14th, 2018 7:22 AM

Invalid 10 digit error code when sending text messages

Hi, I got a brand new and unlocked Note 9 directly from Samsung, opened a new line, and I'm getting this error: 1xxxxxxxxxx Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code. The error is happening with some numbers that I can perfectly text through my iPhone using the same line. Deleted the contact, started a newt thread did a factory reset, but still not working. Need help, this is very annoying.

Former Employee

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Is the number you're texting an iPhone user?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No, the number I'm texting is not an iPhone number. My text messages to
domestic numbers are working fine, the issue is with some international
numbers. My plan includes text message to the country I'm texting, and I
use to do it everyday from my iPhone with no issues. The Note9 for some
reason is not routing the international number right with AT&T, and I'm
constantly getting the error.

Former Employee

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Sometimes the format of the number is different from one phone to the next. As long as you are using the correct country code it should work fine. If the format doesn't work call tech support and ask them to check your routing number for your phone. Sometimes even though you type it right it doesn't send out correctly. I ran in to the issue a few times when I worked for the company. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Finally I called AT&T Technical Support, they trouble shoot, and they told me that because it was an unlocked phone, sometimes they have to set some settings in their end, in order to make the text messages to work. So they did that in their end, I rebooted my device, and now I'm able to send text messages to any number. So if you get into similar issue, I recommend you to call AT&T Technical Support, and they will review it for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.