The Samsung Galaxy S24
kanyaphak's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 4:55 AM

International Samsung S3's phone cannot get 4G

Hi, 

i bought Samsung S3 from my country 2 months ago, and i try to update my ATT account from iphone4 to Samsung S3 to get 4G with all data, but seem like ATT do not recognize my Samsung S3 and cannot update my Samsung S3 EMIE to my account . what shoud i do to get 4G datafor my speed internet ?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

What exact model of G3 do you have and are you using AT&T's prepaid service?. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III#Model_variants

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Wilcre,

i'm using GT-I9300 with AT&T monthy service. do you have any recommend how can i update my account and profile with ATT ? i used a lot of web and data that's why have to stick with monthy plan so i can get unlimited data but still cannot get 4G because of international phone ?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

unfortunately per the specs for that model it does not support 4G only 3G and lower. http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/smartphone/GT-I9300MBDTGY

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

that's sad, but i was told by ATT customer service at ATT store, if i can bring my freind that using S3 which's not international S3 and ATT can just scan EMIE to my account then i will get 4G cause they just need to update my data to 4G .. is it true?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

unfortunately the version you are using does not support 4G so there is no way for your phone to get 4G.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Ah.. i see, once i switch from iphone 4 to S3 .. i get barely signal only one or 2 signal and sometime i loss all the signal as well, i went to ATT store and they change the sim card for me, do you have any idea whats going on?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

What "4G" are you talking about?  HSPA+ or LTE?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

LTE

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

the i9300 is not an LTE phone. it is a generic GSM phone that does not have the radio equipment for LTE. 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@ArieAire wrote:

the i9300 is not an LTE phone. it is a generic GSM phone that does not have the radio equipment for LTE. 

Actually, the phone is compatible with AT&T's HSPA+ network, not just GSM.

But your main point is true, that the international version does not have LTE.  They went quad core Tegra3, which did not have LTE support at the time.  AT&T want dual core Snapdragon S4 for their version, for the main reason that the S4 chipset supported LTE.

HSPA+ will still get you around 2 to 5 Mbps in a lot of places (faster in some places).  Plenty fast enough for most tasks.  Some have even complained that LTE while faster,  uses more battery.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.