The Samsung Galaxy S24
mlamb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 2nd, 2013 4:06 PM

International Nexus 5 - Can I use LTE?

Hi from the United Kingdom,

I'm travelling to the USA later this month. I have the Nexus 5 (international version) which has LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

If I use an AT&T SIM with this phone, would I be able to get LTE speeds?

Thanks

Mike

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@mlamb wrote:

Hi from the United Kingdom,

I'm travelling to the USA later this month. I have the Nexus 5 (international version) which has LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

If I use an AT&T SIM with this phone, would I be able to get LTE speeds?

Thanks

Mike

IIRC, AT&T uses 2/4/5/17, so it doesn't sound like you'll be able to get LTE reliably.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, the device does use AT&T's LTE band so provided that you should be covered as long as your in a market where LTE has been launched.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T uses bands 4 and 17 for LTE service, so you will not receive LTE service with the international version of the Nexus 5 on AT&T.  This phone is also not compatible with T-Mobile US' LTE service.  Because your phone does not have a CDMA radio, the other two major US carriers are not options for your use.  I hope that this helps.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

The International nexus 5 is the same as the U.S nexus 5 its the exact same phone will work with AT&T T-Mobile or sprint. And you can get LTE on any of those carrier's. Only carrier it won't work on is verizon.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

This confusing information is not helpful to the mlamb or anyone else that may read this.  There are two different Nexus 5 models.  mlamb has posted the bands on the phone that he/she has.  The specifications for the two different Nexus 5 models are shown in the link below:

http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

The LTE bands that AT&T uses are shown in the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Since LTE bands 4 and 17 are the only two that AT&T uses right now, mlamb's phone will not receive LTE service on AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.