International Nexus 5 - Can I use LTE?

Contributor

International Nexus 5 - Can I use LTE?

Hi from the United Kingdom,

I'm travelling to the USA later this month. I have the Nexus 5 (international version) which has LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

If I use an AT&T SIM with this phone, would I be able to get LTE speeds?

Thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: International Nexus 5 - Can I use LTE?

mlamb wrote:

Hi from the United Kingdom,

I'm travelling to the USA later this month. I have the Nexus 5 (international version) which has LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/20

If I use an AT&T SIM with this phone, would I be able to get LTE speeds?

Thanks

Mike

IIRC, AT&T uses 2/4/5/17, so it doesn't sound like you'll be able to get LTE reliably.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Yes, the device does use AT&T's LTE band so provided that you should be covered as long as your in a market where LTE has been launched.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Professor

AT&T uses bands 4 and 17 for LTE service, so you will not receive LTE service with the international version of the Nexus 5 on AT&T.  This phone is also not compatible with T-Mobile US' LTE service.  Because your phone does not have a CDMA radio, the other two major US carriers are not options for your use.  I hope that this helps.

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

The International nexus 5 is the same as the U.S nexus 5 its the exact same phone will work with AT&T T-Mobile or sprint. And you can get LTE on any of those carrier's. Only carrier it won't work on is verizon.
Message 5 of 6
Professor

This confusing information is not helpful to the mlamb or anyone else that may read this.  There are two different Nexus 5 models.  mlamb has posted the bands on the phone that he/she has.  The specifications for the two different Nexus 5 models are shown in the link below:

http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

The LTE bands that AT&T uses are shown in the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Since LTE bands 4 and 17 are the only two that AT&T uses right now, mlamb's phone will not receive LTE service on AT&T.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support