Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Insurance or warranty

Highlighted
Contributor

Insurance or warranty

My husbands phone stopped charging. When we plug it in to the charger the camera light flashes and that's it. He does have a Crack in his screen and what looks like condensation on the front camera lens. Would this be a warranty issue or an insurance one? Also we do the installment payments on our phones so if we do have to do insurance does the installment continue on the replacement phone?
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Insurance or warranty

Try for warranty but the cracked screen might prevent that. If you do end up going the insurance route, yes you will continue to pay the Next plan. Your insurance deductible will also be added to your bill.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Thngs44
‎08-04-2017 5:40 PM

Whoa.  This will not fly as warranty if there is any physical damage.  You would get a charge back for the full replacement cost of a phone, which could be several hundred dollars.  

If you are past one year, you are no longer under warranty.

If you have insurance, it is noted on your bill, under each line or as a multi device policy.  

No matter what, you must complete the installment purchase agreement payments.  Neither warranty or insurance effects your payments. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

If you are within your one year warranty, goes to an Apple Store, especially if you have a single crack. I can go up and down or left to right, as long as it’s a single crack, they will warranty it.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support