Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 24, 2011
7:36:01 PM
View profile
Inspire suddenly doesn't want to connect to my wifi

I've had my Inspire for about two months now, with no problems with the wifi whatsoever.  Earlier today I left home, used some data while out and about, and when I came home, my Inspire will not connect to my wifi.  When I go to 'settings', it shows that it is scanning, connecting, obtaining the wifi address, then then it disconnects.  It keeps repeating the cycle.  I've shut it off, I've taken out the battery for a moment and put it back in, and turned it back on, I've tried 'forgetting' the network and then re-entering.  Still the same problem.  This is the first time something like this has happened. 

I don't believe it is my router; my computer and my iPod both connect with no problems at all.

Any advice?

I've had my Inspire for about two months now, with no problems with the wifi whatsoever.  Earlier today I left home, used some data while out and about, and when I came home, my Inspire will not connect to my wifi.  When I go to 'settings', it shows that it is scanning, connecting, obtaining the wifi address, then then it disconnects.  It keeps repeating the cycle.  I've shut it off, I've taken out the battery for a moment and put it back in, and turned it back on, I've tried 'forgetting' the network and then re-entering.  Still the same problem.  This is the first time something like this has happened. 

I don't believe it is my router; my computer and my iPod both connect with no problems at all.

Any advice?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2011 4:35:04 AM
(0)
Professor

Power cycle the router, sometimes that's all it takes.

Accepted Solution

Inspire suddenly doesn't want to connect to my wifi

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2011 4:35:04 AM
(0)
Professor

Re: Inspire suddenly doesn't want to connect to my wifi

2 of 4 (1,598 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 11:31:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

Satchev, thank you for your advice.  It worked!!  Smiley Happy

Satchev, thank you for your advice.  It worked!!  Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (1,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 11:38:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Heh, oftentimes, its the simple solution that works.  "Just turn it off, and back on again"   :-)

Heh, oftentimes, its the simple solution that works.  "Just turn it off, and back on again"   :-)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,578 Views)