The Samsung Galaxy S24
erickm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 4th, 2011 3:06 PM

Closed

Inspire GB update, when?

I saw on another board someone saying they have info from somewhere saying today is supposed to be the day. Any idea if that's true? and do we need to click htc wifi update or at&t update to check for it? or does it come through another way?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

there wasn't a set date, it just said in the 1st weeks of augest i would say this coming tuesday. It will be a at&t update and when you are connected to wifi it will pop up and say "ther is a imporant update for you phone" then you will have GB.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

13 years ago

Please explain what a "GB Update" .

Thanks.

Hanagan

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry, I left out the word "is".

It appears that this update is anxiously being awaited by some members, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks again.

Hanagan

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Hanagan wrote:

Please explain what a "GB Update" .

Thanks.

Hanagan

Gingerbread.  Android 2.3.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

It's available on the HTC site: http://www.htc.com/us/support/inspire-att/downloads/

From their website:

Starting August 4th 2011, HTC will be rolling out a system update for the HTC Inspire 4G.

This update will only be available for AT&T HTC Inspire 4G Customers and will be sent to the device over the air. Once the release is ready, HTC Inspire 4G users will receive a notification on their device advising them of this update and provide instructions to receive and install it. Users can proactively check for this update by going to Home>Menu>Settings> AT&T Software Update > HTC Wi-Fi software update > Check now.  The system update can also be downloaded below and manually applied to the device.  less

This system update includes:

• Android 2.3.3      Gingerbread
  • New HTC Sense™      features
    • Updated       Application Tray features
    • Updated       FriendStream™ features
    • Added Quick       Settings in the Notifications window
  • Improved Power      Management function
  • Improved media      experience
  • Various minor      bug fixes

Manual system update instructions:

NOTE:  Performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device.  Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding.  Information saved on the microSD card will not be affected.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

I would NOT advise installing this update, Have spoken with htc about an issue with contacts,messaging apps not working correctly,messaging app only shows numbers and not contacts name for the most part, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...was informed there will be another OTA update to resolve this issue...

Regards,
WC

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Child wrote:
I would NOT advise installing this update, Have spoken with htc about an issue with contacts,messaging apps not working correctly,messaging app only shows numbers and not contacts name for the most part, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...was informed there will be another OTA update to resolve this issue...

Regards,
WC

I wonder if using a 3rd party messaging app solves these issues?  I've been using Chomp SMS for a long time, over the stock client on my HTC phone, because of the much better customization options.  In the past, it seems that using a 3rd party app circumvents various issues with the stock HTC and Google messaging apps.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

13 years ago

Its with a few third party as well this is why they are going to probably re issue a OTA with a fixed build....I have no issues with 1.84 build which I was able to get back on my phone after I fought with this glitch for awhile...So there definitely an issue with this new build...which as I said was confirmed by HTC last night during my phone call with them....This release should NOT have been sent out with this type of glitch....Im speaking from a developers standpoint...

WC

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Child wrote:

Its with a few third party as well this is why they are going to probably re issue a OTA with a fixed build....

Please cite you source.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

13 years ago

I have the 2.3 update and let me say "it rocks."  Haven't had an issue with it at all.  Contacts show up in messaging app and HTC sense works perfectly.  It  may not work for some but  I  can say that it has definitely worked for me.  I am installing it in my daughters and my wife's Inspire. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.