The Samsung Galaxy S24
erickm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 4th, 2011 3:06 PM

Closed

Inspire GB update, when?

I saw on another board someone saying they have info from somewhere saying today is supposed to be the day. Any idea if that's true? and do we need to click htc wifi update or at&t update to check for it? or does it come through another way?

Scholar

• 

236 Messages

13 years ago

I updated and have had absolutely no problems. In fact, phone works better than before, better battery life. I updated Saturday (5/2011). I have limited knowledge of the inner workings of os and such so I didn't know it was gb. I just blindly updated and was happy when I figured out I had updated to gb. Loving it so far.

@Wild Child wrote:
I would NOT advise installing this update, Have spoken with htc about an issue with contacts,messaging apps not working correctly,messaging app only shows numbers and not contacts name for the most part, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...was informed there will be another OTA update to resolve this issue...

Regards,
WC

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Android versions

Cupcake (Android 1.5)
Doughnut (Android 1.6)
Eclair (Android 2.0 to 2.1)
FroYo (Android 2.2)
Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0?)

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I would like to get the update, but I am concerned about the problem some people are having with contacts disappearing and other issues.  Can someone tell me the best way to back up my phone before I attempt the update?

Thanks!

• 

4.4K Messages

12 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.