Inspire GB update, when?

Contributor

Re: Inspire GB update, when?

Updated last night and all my Contacts disappeared.  Stil have not figured out how to get them back.  Anyone figured it out?

Message 16 of 25 (2,287 Views)
Mentor

Mark, go to Contacts, Menu and View. My phone has boxes for Google, SIM and Phone. (I have all my contacts in Google)

Maybe check all the boxes and see if they appear??

I got the system update for Android 2.3 and installed it yesterday. It did add the box for "Unkown Sources" so then I was able to download the Amazon app store.

Message 17 of 25 (2,273 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have been on the phone with AT&T, they are now aware of the contact issue, tier technician called HTC while I was on the phone and transferred call...It is a known issue and they do not have a solution yet....For those with the issue...you can actually downgrade without voiding warranty..

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

WC

Message 18 of 25 (2,180 Views)

Since this post has been edited and my helpful link has been removed....do not understand why as i have seen mentions of rooting etc in posts on here...and it was relevant to the topic of a faulty update and offering a solution to those having the bug of no contacts after the update....Annnnd since I cannot edit it just delete the post@moderates and I will not submit nor attempt to help any members here having issues with their device...

Thank you for your time....

WC

"Have been on the phone with AT&T, they are now aware of the contact issue, tier technician called HTC while I was on the phone and transferred call...It is a known issue and they do not have a solution yet....For those with the issue...you can actually downgrade without voiding warranty..

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]."

Message 19 of 25 (2,159 Views)
Scholar

I got mine. I didn't even know it was coming. I just happened to check.. You do have to click on the update, doesn't update automatically. My phone worked fine before but its better with gb. Battery life is improved a lot although I imagine nonandroid phones stil have a better battery life than I do.

erickm wrote:

I saw on another board someone saying they have info from somewhere saying today is supposed to be the day. Any idea if that's true? and do we need to click htc wifi update or at&t update to check for it? or does it come through another way?

Message 20 of 25 (2,104 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

GB is referring to gingerbread or OS 2.3. Your inspire probably came with froyo (2.2). Android names their operating systems with sweet treat kind of things so you had eclair (can't remember before that) than froyo (frozen Yogurt), now gingerbreat and next will be honeycomb followed by ice cream.

Hanagan wrote:

Please explain what a "GB Update" .

Thanks.

Hanagan

Message 21 of 25 (2,097 Views)
Scholar

I updated and have had absolutely no problems. In fact, phone works better than before, better battery life. I updated Saturday (5/2011). I have limited knowledge of the inner workings of os and such so I didn't know it was gb. I just blindly updated and was happy when I figured out I had updated to gb. Loving it so far.

Wild Child wrote:
I would NOT advise installing this update, Have spoken with htc about an issue with contacts,messaging apps not working correctly,messaging app only shows numbers and not contacts name for the most part, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt...was informed there will be another OTA update to resolve this issue...

Regards,
WC

Message 22 of 25 (2,096 Views)
Master

Android versions

Cupcake (Android 1.5)
Doughnut (Android 1.6)
Eclair (Android 2.0 to 2.1)
FroYo (Android 2.2)
Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0?)
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 25 (2,094 Views)
Voyager

I would like to get the update, but I am concerned about the problem some people are having with contacts disappearing and other issues.  Can someone tell me the best way to back up my phone before I attempt the update?

Thanks!

Message 24 of 25 (1,781 Views)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 25 of 25 (1,707 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.