Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Info on new phone

Highlighted

Info on new phone

I'm looking at buying a Samsung S5. I've had AT&T for 6 years and get great coverage out here in the middle of nowhere TX. I do not have a contract and don't want one. I usually just pick up an AT&T compatable phone. The listings all say I need to get the card from AT&T for the phone. How much does a card usually cost?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: Info on new phone

If you mean for Gophone service, it depends on the plan you want.

plans are 30 days.

$45 includes 3 GBs of high speed data and unlimited low speed, with rollover of unused data.

$60 includes 6 GBs of high speed data and unlimited low speed, with rollover of unused data.

$30 plans or pay per use do not include data.

image.png

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by NevRsetL4less
‎07-03-2016 9:42 PM

If your new phone has the same size SIM card as your old phone, you can just pull out the card and put it in the new phone.

If you are on an old AT&T minute plan that had a 2 year contract but you finished it, it's probably time for a new plan, you're probably paying too much now.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, that is what I was wondering about.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support