Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 15, 2013
10:13:50 PM
View profile
In-store upgrade for a rooted phone

Can i take a rooted phone in for an upgrade, where id get a new phone and my rooted phone would get change to another number in my family plan.  Or should i revert to stock before going in? 

Can i take a rooted phone in for an upgrade, where id get a new phone and my rooted phone would get change to another number in my family plan.  Or should i revert to stock before going in? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 17, 2013 1:40:35 PM
(0)
Professor

If you are just giving your current phone to your family member, the family member just needs to put his/her SIM card in your current phone and you can put your SIM card in your new phone.  If the SIM cards are the wrong size for the new devices, you can request SIM cards of the correct size.  The OS status won't matter in this situation.

Accepted Solution

In-store upgrade for a rooted phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 17, 2013 1:40:35 PM
(0)
Professor

If you are just giving your current phone to your family member, the family member just needs to put his/her SIM card in your current phone and you can put your SIM card in your new phone.  If the SIM cards are the wrong size for the new devices, you can request SIM cards of the correct size.  The OS status won't matter in this situation.

Re: In-store upgrade for a rooted phone

2 of 2 (7,236 Views)
Solution