For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
lunchboxLarry's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 5:05 PM

IMEI id issue with 4g/LTE on the OnePlus 3

I am using Cricket which uses ATT but did alot of readin across the networks and it seems that its the was ATT is treating the IMEI number or device itself across the network.     I cant seem to get LTE working, when the BANDS are supported and there is 4g in my area threw Cricket.   

Is it possible to get my IMEI manually entered or approved for 4g/LTE even though im on Cricket they use the ATT network.

I have played with the APN settings and been on the phone all day yesterday with multiple people ATT & Cricket people not to mantion online chats support and they have tried everything.  But they just keep trying to Activate the IMEI # which does not fix the issue.  The IMEI needs to manualy pushed. . .  

is this possible ?  

***  -  text me or call if you people have a fix.   

Things like this make me was to leave Montana . . LOL Zip code of serivce is 59715 

But I had a MOTO x Pure here in same location with Cricket/ATT service and no issues with 4g. . Same bands are supported on both devices. 

Current Device - OnePlus 3 A3000 Global version . 

ATT can you please fix this across the bored. . . I typically dont like you other than your government services but you could cange my heart and mind about you if you can fix this issue. 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

you have to take this up with cricket support.  If they can make your imei from your moto pure stick on the account you should get lte.  It will take att months or they may never enter the imei ranges for the opo phones to say there LTE.  This problem is on the OEM.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I had this exact problem and was able to resolve it through customer support chat.

I used this wording:

"I have an unlocked phone. I need the IEMI added to the LTE database in order for me to connect to LTE, currently limited to 3G."

Have your number and IEMI ready to copy/paste into the chat.

The rep understood what I needed and it took her under 5 minutes to make the changes.  I had LTE after reboot.  BTW - The first rep I tried attempted to create a support ticket to have the IEMI added, that did not work.  The second rep knew what to do and did not require help from another dept.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This might work for a plan customer but Prepaid does not work . . . I have
tried multiple times and still have the issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same issue with my Xiaomi Mi Mix 3.  I have been on the phone, chat, and been into a few stores on multiple occasions but I am told I am out of luck.  The last person I spoke with said that my account was set to 3G and I would need my IMEI code added to the LTE database.  After 3 weeks, Advanced Tech Support called me and said it was good to go.  I attempted to reboot, select the NXTGEN APN and still no 4G/LTE.  They called again and said it was still stuck on 3G.  So they are attempting to try again/manually input the information.  I'm still on 3G paying for the high-end package.  I just want MY LTE to WORK!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@dczerny0401 wrote:

I have the same issue with my Xiaomi Mi Mix 3.  I have been on the phone, chat, and been into a few stores on multiple occasions but I am told I am out of luck.  The last person I spoke with said that my account was set to 3G and I would need my IMEI code added to the LTE database.  After 3 weeks, Advanced Tech Support called me and said it was good to go.  I attempted to reboot, select the NXTGEN APN and still no 4G/LTE.  They called again and said it was still stuck on 3G.  So they are attempting to try again/manually input the information.  I'm still on 3G paying for the high-end package.  I just want MY LTE to WORK!!!!!

If you want LTE out of the box buy a phone that will work in the USA fully.  That device requires a little work.  You need a ATT branded LTE phone and give them the IMEI of that device and put your sim card in it wait for it to get LTE then move the sim card to the Mi mix

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@dczerny0401 wrote:

You need an At&t phone with a valid IMEi for LTE to set up your account. Then swap the SIM card. That other device IMEi has to remain in At&t system as a dummy.  Buy a cheap prepaid phone and stick it in a drawer in case you need to repeat.

AT&T does not ‘whitelist’ an IMEi, which is going to come up as a 3g device anyway.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.