ICS for nfuse 4g

Contributor

ICS for nfuse 4g

I have been researching the internet to find out when my nfuse 4g would be getting the ice cream sandwich release only to be very disappointed when att posts that it has no plans to update the phone. So where does it leave those that have been with att for nearly 20 years that have contracts that are not due to expire. I deserve an explanation.

Steven
Message 1 of 2 (3,977 Views)
Community Manager

Re: ICS for nfuse 4g

Hello stevew272, welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

While I don't know the execs reason why ICS update for Infuse 4G was not released, I can possibly clarify some things.

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has minimum hardware requirements of 1GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM.

Samsung Infuse 4G has 1.2 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM.

Those are minimum system requirements, meaning that ICS can technically run on your hardware, but the overall experience will most definitely suffer, especially when you start multitasking, since the OS will be consuming most of your phone's resources. It's very common for little bit older devices to stop receiving recent updates, it's happening with every OS and platform out there. I saw iPhones and android phones before that were extremely slow and barely usable because of software updates. Samsung's own site list 2.4 Gingerbread update as the latest available for your device.

Again, those are my guesses based on the information we have, I don't know the exect reason, I apologize.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (3,891 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.