The Samsung Galaxy S24
dengster22's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 4:09 AM

I777 Won't Charge, Warning: Battery temperature is too high.

This is my situation. My 1.5 yr old i777's battery won't charge. Last week, I plugged in my phone to charge overnight and woke up in the morning with a drained battery. I attempted to charge again, but wouldn't work. Performed the usual remedies of taking out the battery, waiting 30 secs, and then charging again. Nothing worked. 

Stopped by AT&T, but since my phone is out of the 1-year warranty, I'm out of luck. So I went on eBay to buy another battery. It came in today at a 12% charge. I plugged it in, battery still won't charge because it is too high in temperature. The phone does feel hotter than normal. 

I used what little power I had to do a hard reset, didn't work. Then I turned the phone on in safe mode, and did a reset that way, didn't work. 

Anyone else got any ideas? 

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

dengster22,

The only thing I don't like about this scenario is the Ebay battery. Was it purchased from an individual or an Ebay store. Do you possibly know someone with the same battery as yours that you could swap out, I would also like to see a different charger used as well.

James

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

This began with my original battery with the phone. It still won't charge. The ebay battery was purchased through a store. Everything is the same with the ebay and original battery. I don't know of anyone with a GS II that I can swap batteries with. 

I've also used multiple chargers. The standard charger, another Samsung charger and my vehicle charger. The all result in the same response. 

The only thing I haven't been able to try was clearing the cache on my phone which Samsung suggested. I will have to try that once I can charge my battery somehow.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I had this happen as well. The phone wouldn't charge above 27% and the original battery got really REALLY hot.  I think if I hadn't unplugged and taken it out, it probably would've caught fire.  I'd already picked up a couple spare (Q-cell) batteries on Amazon, so it wasn't a big deal.  I haven't had any over heating issues with those so far.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

So I cleared the cache, did another factory reset. Took basically everything off of my phone. Still no hope for this one in particular. I think its an issue with the phone now, not the battery. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.