For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Resendetra's profile

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 9:48 PM

I still haven't received the KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S3

The update finally came out a week ago and I was excited to get it. I went into my settings and tried to get it, there was nothing there, it said I was up to date. Almost a week later, my phone is still telling me that it's up to date. My boyfriend (we're on the same phone plan) recieved his update the other night when it automatically popped up on his phone. I am still waiting and still checking once a day. My phone isn't rooted and has never been, so I am not sure why I can't update.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Typically they will push it in waves. Try downloading kies to your computer and checking for an update through that.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

10 years ago

@Resendetra wrote:

The update finally came out a week ago and I was excited to get it. I went into my settings and tried to get it, there was nothing there, it said I was up to date. Almost a week later, my phone is still telling me that it's up to date. My boyfriend (we're on the same phone plan) recieved his update the other night when it automatically popped up on his phone. I am still waiting and still checking once a day. My phone isn't rooted and has never been, so I am not sure why I can't update.

Unless you want reduced battery life with virtually nothing in return regarding functionality, why do you want the update?  I had 4.4.2 pushed onto my phone and I detest it.  Battery life is worse and I see zero improvements otherwise.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

@Jandor_loya wrote:
Typically they will push it in waves. Try downloading kies to your computer and checking for an update through that.

I tried Kies, that even said that my firmware is up to date and when I tried to upgrade anyway, it said that my S3 does not support initializing, which I read that a lot of people have had that problem. I even tried it manually with the model and serial number, but that just wants to take it down to 4.1 for some reason.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.