The Samsung Galaxy S24
meeksfor3's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 3:00 PM

I need help with my Galaxy S2

I have been reading this morning of folks having problems with the Galaxy S2 since the update in December with the phone locking up and battery draining. I had not experienced any of those problems until this weekend and now it does it 5 or 6 times per day. I have not updated anything and did not get any notices of updates. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

It looks like you need to update to ICS (4.0.3) before you can get any of the subsequent updates.

This must be done using a computer and the Samsung Kies program. http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00047325&fm_seq=51324

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

You should start by checking what Baseband version you have. If you don't know how to do that, please do the following:

Click the menu button on the bottom left of your phone's screen

Then select 'Settings'

Then scroll to the bottom and select 'About phone'

Find 'Baseband version' here

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

The baseband version is I777UCKK6

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I will do that when I get home and let you know how it goes. I am technologically challenged sometimes. Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Once I have upgraded the Firmware is that all I have to do?

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

Once you have upgraded, you should check what your Baseband is.

If it is not I777UCLL6, then you should initiate an over the air update to receive the current firmware update. On the same screen that you check your Baseband version, there is an option for 'Software update'.

If you are still having problems after all of these updates, the first thing tech. support will suggest you do is a factory reset of your phone. I doubt that would help you any if you just did the ICS update, but it's worth a shot. Just make sure you back everything up first. There are some apps out there that can help you with backing up your phone, but someone else will have to recommend one because I am not using any.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

It does show I777UCLL6 and so far so good. Smiley Happy

There are a few changes with this update that seem to be like my wife's Galaxy S3.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

I am glad everything is working out for you meeksfor3.

If you're interested in keeping your wife's phone up to date as well, you might want to checkout what version she is running. There is an update for the S3 that can only be made with the Kies software as well.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S-III-Update-to-Jellybean-now-available/td-p/3372677

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.