The Samsung Galaxy S24
waltertd's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 2:25 AM

Htc one x - new - "mobile network unavailable because it is disconnected"

New phone will not let me access Internet outside of wifi. Any advice?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Enable data on your day device. Typically under settings, more, data

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

Just go into an AT&T store if you can't figure it out yourself.  They may have incorrectly provisioned your account for data, or a problem with the SIM card.

Guru

• 

552 Messages

12 years ago

Sound like an easy thing to fix. Call them.

I wouldn't worry.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is a problem that has been occuring alot. I too, have the same problem and so do many people who own the one x and are connected to O2. The only difference is that they have it fixed. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/HTC/HTC-One-X-Manual-APN-Settings-Solution-Found/td-p/225729 

Does anyone here know how to adapt this solution so that it can work for att users?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Having same problem can anyone help.....please

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@MissEm32 wrote:
Having same problem can anyone help.....please

Go to an AT&T store or call customer support (611 on your AT&T phone).  Its likely your account was not provisioned correctly for the APN settings on the phone.  For instance, if you just swapped the SIM from another phone into the One X, or if you didn't add LTE to your account (no charge), or they didn't add LTE to your account properly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

A possible fix...."Settings" --> "Mobile data" --> "Access point names" --> Access the "Menu" --> "Reset to default". 

MY ISSUE: "Disconnected because service is unavailable" within the "Mobile data" field.  I would have to reset my phone on a daily basis because I would loose 4G LTE data. 

I contacted HTC and they told me that I would have to perform a factory reset in order to resolve the issue, this was not a definite fix. 

I had contacted AT&T and I was always provisioned for data.  I swapped SIM Cards, this did not make a difference.  Resetting the access point names seems to have resolved the issue.    

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This sequence worked for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.