For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Reese823's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Friday, May 17th, 2013 3:55 AM

Htc one displays 4g lte when on wifi

is this normal, do the 4g lte stay in the notification bar even connected to wifi? Alsdot here's no att logo in the top right of my phone.... Is that strange? Help....thanks:)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi there,

That's a great question!

There are some features such as Visual Voicemail that will use your AT&T data instead of Wi-Fi to function properly. To close any apps that might be using your data, double tap the Home button and your recent apps will appear. Swipe up and they will successfully close.

Hope that helps!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks buddy, I do close all apps when done but it still shows both, I just want to make sure I'm using wifi and not my data. 

Is there a reason why the AT&T logo don't show in the upper left?

again thx:)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

There's no option to make that appear, no. 😛 Maybe AT&T will manually add it in a future update.

Oh and your background apps may be using data too, so make sure to disable it (at least the ones you don't use)! 🙂

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Reese823...When you're on WIFI, just disable your data connection...simple as that!  Then you know you won't be using your data plan.

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

My One X does the same thing. It must be normal.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

True...... I'll do that. Thx for the suggestion

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Good to know I'm not the only one......misery needs company lol. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

This is normal, and nothing to worry about. Aside from apps that may require cellular data to function (AT&T Visual Voicemail and the like?), if you see a wifi icon in the notification bar then you are using wifi for data. The cell network type that you are on is still displayed, but you are not using cellular data for normal apps. There is no need to kill apps, or turn off cellular data just because it is still showing a cell network icon in the notification bar.

Also, please don't add an AT&T logo to my notification bar. I know what network I am on, I don't need to be constantly reminded of it via a notification bar icon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.