How to update local profile on SGS3 to use Google Profile???

Tutor

How to update local profile on SGS3 to use Google Profile???

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with the JB 4.3 update installed and working well.  How do I connect the phone's "Local Profile" also known as the "Me" contact to use my Google Profile?  It seems so simple to do, but I can't even seem to edit the local profile.  Any ideas??

TIA!

Message 1 of 4 (6,951 Views)
Community Manager

Re: How to update local profile on SGS3 to use Google Profile???

Hello, txprphan!

Thanks for posting. When you're trying to edit your local profile, are you doing so directly through your contacts app? You should be able to select "Me," then hit the menu button to bring up the "Edit" option.

Once you've done that you should be able to add your Google profile.

If you're still having difficulty, please feel free to send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (6,776 Views)
Tutor

I've tried that but to no avail. I used the "clicking here" link to send a message to ATTCustomerCare with my question.
Message 3 of 4 (6,663 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I think I just figured out my own problem in the process of figuring out a problem syncing Contacts.  When I turned off Contacts Sync, I noticed the Google had several other options that seemed to be new with JB 4.3. Now, instead of "Me" as the top entry, it's "My Info" and there's a link/clickable area that allows you to go directly to your Google+ profile, but it does also include several items in the actual contact entry.  I think this solves my problem.

Message 4 of 4 (5,336 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.