The Samsung Galaxy S24
atifsh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 12th, 2014 7:39 AM

How to update if non US and non AT&T?

So how can i get latest update for my d800 if I'm not AT&T user and didn't live in US.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Atifsh, 

All of our AT&T Branded devices are designed to use the AT&T Software Update tool. This uses your IMEI and AT&T SIM card to push updates to your device. Since you are outside of the US, this tool will not work. I don't believe that LG has a desktop side loading solution like the Samsung products do. You would have to reach out to LG directly to see if they have a workaround for you. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

good evening! I need your help. I have bought in ebay a samsung galaxy s3 AT&T from USA. I shipped it to Albania, where I live. Then I unlocked it. A have used it for a year and i cant update the software version. It is still 4.1.1 android version. When I go to settings, About device and then software update, check for updates, it says: Software Update Interrupted, No update is available and current software is up to date

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@sd871991 wrote:

good evening! I need your help. I have bought in ebay a samsung galaxy s3 AT&T from USA. I shipped it to Albania, where I live. Then I unlocked it. A have used it for a year and i cant update the software version. It is still 4.1.1 android version. When I go to settings, About device and then software update, check for updates, it says: Software Update Interrupted, No update is available and current software is up to date

This is never going to work (updating in Settings over your carrier's network) per the "Accepted Solution" of this thread.  Go to the Samsung support website, and look for information on how to update via KIES.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.