Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to unlock my Samsung galaxy s5

Tutor

How to unlock my Samsung galaxy s5

Can somebody help me how to unlock my samsung galaxy s5 phone? I try to unlock it twice following the steps twice but its denied twice
Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: How to unlock my Samsung galaxy s5

What is the reason for denial? If you don't qualify, it won't be unlocked until you do qualify.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

The reason is it says we're unable to approve your request beacuse the account holder information provided doesn't match our record
The 2yrs contract of my phone was already done and i want to unlock my phone it was under my husband name on the at&t so when i fill up the form i put my husband name
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Yes, you are supposed to enter the account holder's name but what phone number did you enter? You need to enter the phone number that phone is used on, in other words your phone number. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

I put the number that i used in the phone and btw its the same number i used in my new phone now.
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Im new in this that is why i need some help how to solve this.
Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

If the phone you want unlocked is no longer being used, that probably explains why. The ATT system should "remember" that phone used to be on your line but sometimes it doesn't. Try putting in a request as a non customer.

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

Ok,i'll do it,i will keep in touch to you whatever the outcome is
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

And by the way after submitting the information that needed do i need to wait for two business days days if its approved or not?
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Contributor

I had this problem also that I got denied since the phone is from 2014 and I want to get it unlocked since my girlfriend carrier is from Metro PCS and she needs a phone. 

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support