The Samsung Galaxy S24
Gie-Gie's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 2nd, 2017 1:58 PM

How to unlock my Samsung galaxy s5

Can somebody help me how to unlock my samsung galaxy s5 phone? I try to unlock it twice following the steps twice but its denied twice

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

What is the reason for denial? If you don't qualify, it won't be unlocked until you do qualify.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

The reason is it says we're unable to approve your request beacuse the account holder information provided doesn't match our record
The 2yrs contract of my phone was already done and i want to unlock my phone it was under my husband name on the at&t so when i fill up the form i put my husband name

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, you are supposed to enter the account holder's name but what phone number did you enter? You need to enter the phone number that phone is used on, in other words your phone number. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I put the number that i used in the phone and btw its the same number i used in my new phone now.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Im new in this that is why i need some help how to solve this.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If the phone you want unlocked is no longer being used, that probably explains why. The ATT system should "remember" that phone used to be on your line but sometimes it doesn't. Try putting in a request as a non customer.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Ok,i'll do it,i will keep in touch to you whatever the outcome is

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

And by the way after submitting the information that needed do i need to wait for two business days days if its approved or not?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had this problem also that I got denied since the phone is from 2014 and I want to get it unlocked since my girlfriend carrier is from Metro PCS and she needs a phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.