The Samsung Galaxy S24
SkeeterHarris's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 3:51 PM

How to remove pre-installed apps on Galaxy Note II

Well I just unloaded my iPhone 5 on CL this weekend and made the swtich to the Galaxy Note II.   So far I am loving it with the exception of a few things.

1.   You can not move apps or support files over to the SD card, which I understand is new to Jellybean OS

2.   Unlike Apple, AT&T has blemished the OS with all sorts of crap and mods to the Google OS and Samsung Skin.

Is there anyway to relaim my device to the way Google/Samung meant it to be?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Have you gone to Settings>Application manager>All, selected the app that you want and disabled it?  I don't think that you will be able to uninstall the apps unless you root the device, but disabling the app will make the app disappear from your App Drawer.  The app will still be on the phone and request update notifications, though.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I had no idea you could do that - Brilliant!  It would be nice to be able to delete them but this at least removes them from sight!  Thanks!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

how do you re enable them.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You perform similar steps, Settings>Application manager>All and select "Enable" to re-enable the apps that you had disabled in the past.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

have you tried this . after you disable an app there is no way to get it back again

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

you can't.  you have to restor the system

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Did you go into Settings>Application Manager>All and scroll to the bottom of the list?  The disabled apps are at the bottom of the apps list.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

11 years ago

The disabled applications on my phones haven't requested one update since disabling them.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
The disabled applications on my phones haven't requested one update since disabling them.

I'll double-check this, but I'm pretty sure that the AT&T apps that I disabled on my Galaxy S4 still give notifications that they need to be updated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.