Ask a question

Posted Feb 26, 2013
    7:51:32 AM
    How to remove pre-installed apps on Galaxy Note II

Well I just unloaded my iPhone 5 on CL this weekend and made the swtich to the Galaxy Note II.   So far I am loving it with the exception of a few things.

1.   You can not move apps or support files over to the SD card, which I understand is new to Jellybean OS

2.   Unlike Apple, AT&T has blemished the OS with all sorts of crap and mods to the Google OS and Samsung Skin.

Is there anyway to relaim my device to the way Google/Samung meant it to be?

Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

How to remove pre-installed apps on Galaxy Note II

13 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (13)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2013 9:09:24 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

Have you gone to Settings>Application manager>All, selected the app that you want and disabled it?  I don't think that you will be able to uninstall the apps unless you root the device, but disabling the app will make the app disappear from your App Drawer.  The app will still be on the phone and request update notifications, though.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to remove pre-installed apps on Galaxy Note II

2 of 14 (19,818 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2013 2:29:12 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I had no idea you could do that - Brilliant!  It would be nice to be able to delete them but this at least removes them from sight!  Thanks!

Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

3 of 14 (19,784 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 26, 2013 3:02:19 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 14 (19,783 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 10, 2013 2:26:04 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

how do you re enable them.

5 of 14 (19,023 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 10, 2013 4:38:05 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

You perform similar steps, Settings>Application manager>All and select "Enable" to re-enable the apps that you had disabled in the past.

6 of 14 (19,001 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 3, 2013 2:24:53 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

have you tried this . after you disable an app there is no way to get it back again

7 of 14 (17,165 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 3, 2013 2:25:46 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

you can't.  you have to restor the system

8 of 14 (17,164 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 4, 2013 12:46:28 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

Did you go into Settings>Application Manager>All and scroll to the bottom of the list?  The disabled apps are at the bottom of the apps list.

9 of 14 (17,078 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2013 5:30:07 AM
    (0)
    Professor
    The disabled applications on my phones haven't requested one update since disabling them.
    Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
    Posted by a mobile device.

10 of 14 (16,971 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 6, 2013 2:59:27 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

Ann154 wrote:
    The disabled applications on my phones haven't requested one update since disabling them.

I'll double-check this, but I'm pretty sure that the AT&T apps that I disabled on my Galaxy S4 still give notifications that they need to be updated.

11 of 14 (16,918 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 7, 2013 4:59:15 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor

I double-checked it.  There was also a box to check for notifications in the same screen when I disable the app.  I needed to check that box in addition to disabling the app.  Thanks for the tip Ann154!

12 of 14 (16,833 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 8, 2013 2:33:08 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Root. Get Root uninstaller. Done

13 of 14 (16,778 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 12, 2013 10:24:38 AM
    (0)
    Professor
    I guess I never noticed the notification check box before, 21stNow. I wonder if that is something that added in one of the system updates. I checked some of the pre-installed Google apps on my Nexus and they have the same notification box checked on. The disabled applications on my phone also has the check box but it is unchecked. Maybe that's why I don't get notified of updates.
    Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
    Posted by a mobile device.

14 of 14 (16,556 Views)