Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2013
6:42:31 PM
View profile
How to recover all the applications which were on my previous Galaxy?

Hi all

I really hope you guys can help me.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S III to replace my Galaxy S II. I thought that when I set up the phone and that I use the same Google/Gmail account, I was gonna get back all the applications that I was using on my S II. But nothing is there (I was able to get back all my contacts). How to do that. I really hope we can do that. Google has all the info about the apps on my account, right?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

Hi all

I really hope you guys can help me.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S III to replace my Galaxy S II. I thought that when I set up the phone and that I use the same Google/Gmail account, I was gonna get back all the applications that I was using on my S II. But nothing is there (I was able to get back all my contacts). How to do that. I really hope we can do that. Google has all the info about the apps on my account, right?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

How to recover all the applications which were on my previous Galaxy?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 2:01:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

so it's not possible guys?

I'm sure Android backs up the apps in the cloud, right?

so it's not possible guys?

I'm sure Android backs up the apps in the cloud, right?

Re: How to recover all the applications which were on my previous Galaxy?

2 of 6 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 5:23:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
The only way I kno is going back to playstore. Menu choose my apps. N then all of the apps you've ever downloaded will be there.
The only way I kno is going back to playstore. Menu choose my apps. N then all of the apps you've ever downloaded will be there.

3 of 6 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 7:07:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

really? and so you mean, download them one by one, manually? I'm very surprised!

really? and so you mean, download them one by one, manually? I'm very surprised!

4 of 6 (845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2013 6:04:16 PM
(0)
Explorer
Click and hold each app for multi-app selection and you can choose to install them at once.
Click and hold each app for multi-app selection and you can choose to install them at once.

5 of 6 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 8:34:25 AM
(0)
Professor

Will Terry wrote:

If you factory reset a device, and (possibly, not sure) if you buy a replacement of the same model (i.e. a Galaxy S2 to replace a broken/lost Galaxy S2), the apps will start to automatically sync to the new device, once you login to your Google account on the new phone.

But in the case of a new device, it typically won't do this.  A good number of people have more than one Android device. For instance, I have an Android phone and tablet.  And in many cases, one may not want all the same apps on both devices.

Agree that its not a very streamlined system, and could use some improvement, and options for different situations.

Will Terry wrote:

If you factory reset a device, and (possibly, not sure) if you buy a replacement of the same model (i.e. a Galaxy S2 to replace a broken/lost Galaxy S2), the apps will start to automatically sync to the new device, once you login to your Google account on the new phone.

But in the case of a new device, it typically won't do this.  A good number of people have more than one Android device. For instance, I have an Android phone and tablet.  And in many cases, one may not want all the same apps on both devices.

Agree that its not a very streamlined system, and could use some improvement, and options for different situations.

6 of 6 (773 Views)