The Samsung Galaxy S24
Will Terry's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, February 15th, 2013 2:42 AM

How to recover all the applications which were on my previous Galaxy?

Hi all

I really hope you guys can help me.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S III to replace my Galaxy S II. I thought that when I set up the phone and that I use the same Google/Gmail account, I was gonna get back all the applications that I was using on my S II. But nothing is there (I was able to get back all my contacts). How to do that. I really hope we can do that. Google has all the info about the apps on my account, right?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

so it's not possible guys?

I'm sure Android backs up the apps in the cloud, right?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

The only way I kno is going back to playstore. Menu choose my apps. N then all of the apps you've ever downloaded will be there.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

really? and so you mean, download them one by one, manually? I'm very surprised!

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Click and hold each app for multi-app selection and you can choose to install them at once.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@Will Terry wrote:

really? and so you mean, download them one by one, manually? I'm very surprised!

If you factory reset a device, and (possibly, not sure) if you buy a replacement of the same model (i.e. a Galaxy S2 to replace a broken/lost Galaxy S2), the apps will start to automatically sync to the new device, once you login to your Google account on the new phone.

But in the case of a new device, it typically won't do this.  A good number of people have more than one Android device. For instance, I have an Android phone and tablet.  And in many cases, one may not want all the same apps on both devices.

Agree that its not a very streamlined system, and could use some improvement, and options for different situations.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.