The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jcamacho228's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 1st, 2013 6:27 PM

How to get 3G/HSPDA Data on International Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi I just recently bought an international Samsung Galaxy S3 and for some reason I can only get EDGE data on the phone. Under specs the phone says it supports 3G/HSPDA data. I have noticed that when running a SpeedTest it says the closest server/tower to me is Whichita, Ka which is ridiculous because I'm in New York City. Can someone please tell me how to get 3G/HSPDA data on my phone. Thanks in advance!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Jcamacho228 wrote:

Hi I just recently bought an international Samsung Galaxy S3 and for some reason I can only get EDGE data on the phone. Under specs the phone says it supports 3G/HSPDA data. I have noticed that when running a SpeedTest it says the closest server/tower to me is Whichita, Ka which is ridiculous because I'm in New York City. Can someone please tell me how to get 3G/HSPDA data on my phone. Thanks in advance!

It states thsat it supports it, but the key is it must recieve the frequencies that are used in the US. What is the exact model number and what frequencies does the specifications say it works on

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

The device needs to be compatible with 3G bands 850 and 1900 MHz in order to work on AT&T's HSPA network.  Just because a phone is compatible with HSPA, doesn't mean it has these bands.  Different carriers and regions use different bands for data.

Agree with above post, that you need to post model number info to know whether your exact model has the required band compatibility.

A good amount of research (in particular band compatibility) needs done before buying any phone from a 3rd party source (like an unlocked foreign phone).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.