The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jetoby's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 10th, 2014 7:40 AM

How to Recover Contacts and Text message from Samsung Galaxy S4

It's to bad,When I am updating System,Mobile phone is power off,I lost my Samsung Galaxy S4 contacts,text message and some file,these Contacts ,Text message is so important for me,Do you know how to retrieve these lost contacts and text message from my Samsung Galaxy S4?I hope get your helps!thanks~

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I happen to know the method to recover Samsung phone contacts and text messages, you can do as the following:

Step1: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to Computer
Now, please connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 with your PC. If it is the first time you do the connection via USB cable, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone firstly. Here is way to do the set:
1) For users of Android 2.3 or earlier, please follow “Settings” < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For users of Android 3.0 to 4.1, please follow “Settings” < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
3) For users of Android 4.2 or newer, please follow “Settings” < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
Step2: Scan Samsung Galaxy S3
Before scanning your Samsung Galaxy S3, the Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts Recovery tool need to analyze your device. Please click “Start” to begin it. Then please click “Allow” on the screen of your device to start scanning your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Step3: Recover deleted text messages on Samsung Galaxy S3
After a few minutes, messages and contacts existed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 will all be displayed on the screen of your PC. You can preview them before you do the recovery. When find the ones you want to recover, please click button “Recover” to output them to your computer as an HTML file.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

If you were using your Android device the way it was intended (default settings) then contacts should be synched to the cloud via your Google account (Gmail).  When you enter your Google login info during setup on any new or reset device, the contacts should then automagically sync back to the phone.

Texts are a different matter.  It would be cool if the recovery tool suggested in the response above works.  But if the info was so important to you, why weren't you backing it up?  I use the app SMS Backup+ to backup my SMS messages to Gmail.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

PS: There also meny otehr program out there, you can Google it!

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

There's also always Kies - which does work to backup/restore samsung devices.

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Android data recovery app is a sort of special designed app to recover lost data from android device. it could recover kinds of lost data, like text messages, contacts, photos and so on.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

When i met the phone data lost problem , i can open the backup files for get back lost Samsung data , for In order to protect the phone data, we need to backup the Samsung or other phone data at any time ,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Once you found the phone messages was dissappeared from your Samsung ,you have to scan the memory or SD card for restore lost Samsung messages back as soon as possible ,

you should stop using any phone app if the deleted messages has not been recovered ,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

For Contacts:

It would be possible for you to recover lost contacts based on the synchronization between your Samsung Galaxy and a specific Google account. Please follow the instruction below to get your important contacts back!
Step 1: Go to Google Contacts in your computer browser.
Step 2: On the upper middle of the interface, in the pull-down menu of "More", scroll down to click on "Restore contacts".
Step 3: In the next pop-up window, you are going to select a time to restore the contacts. Note that contacts can only be recovered within the latest 30 days. Tap on "Restore" and the operation is finished.

For Messages:

You are supposed to pay high attention to the following three steps after losing  SMS so that you are more likely to recover them from your Samsung Galaxy device.
– For the purpose of avoiding data being overwritten, please don’t add or remove any messages from your device after the mistaken deletion, otherwise, you are never able to get them back.
– Do not use your Samsung phone until the deleted texts are retrieved.
– The earlier the SMS is restored, the more likely for you to achieve the recovery and less possible to be overwritten.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I lost most of my contacts also on a SSJ3  what's the chance of recovery?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes, as other friends have said, if you have a Google account and you have the habit of backing up at any time, your deleted contacts can be found in Google account.
Step 1: Go to Google Contacts in PC.
Step 2:  Menu of "More", click "Restore contacts".
Step 3: Select time to restore the contacts. Contacts can be recovered within 30 days. Tap on "Restore" and the operation is finished.
But if you don't have a backup, don't panic at this time, you need Android Data Recovery, and do not use your mobile phone, we can not overwrite the data inside the mobile phone, connect to PC via usb cable. At this time, you need allow usb debugging. With only usb debugging, Android Data Recovery has the right to scan your phone data in depth and scan out the data you deleted. Then you can get Samsung contacts recovery.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.