Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2013
3:58:38 PM
View profile
How much new phone would be?

I have a HTC One X.  I recently cracked it and am about a year into the 2 year contract.  If I wanted to get the new HTC One, which is suggested at $199, how much would I have to pay with a new 2 year plan?  Thanks

I have a HTC One X.  I recently cracked it and am about a year into the 2 year contract.  If I wanted to get the new HTC One, which is suggested at $199, how much would I have to pay with a new 2 year plan?  Thanks

How much new phone would be?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 6:00:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

Logic would dictate that you would spend the new contract price for the phone, which most likely would be $199 along with the 2 years of required contract payment.

Looking at a conservative plan being 49.99 a month, plus your required data plan at roughly $30 a month for 3GB of usage and the price of the phone (most likely $199) you would be looking at $2119.76 without applicable taxes in your area.

Logic would dictate that you would spend the new contract price for the phone, which most likely would be $199 along with the 2 years of required contract payment.

Looking at a conservative plan being 49.99 a month, plus your required data plan at roughly $30 a month for 3GB of usage and the price of the phone (most likely $199) you would be looking at $2119.76 without applicable taxes in your area.

Re: How much new phone would be?

2 of 4 (861 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 7:02:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

NTC0624 wrote:

Being that you aren't at least 20 months in to your current contract, you would probably pay the full no-commitment price of the HTC One (~$600).

NTC0624 wrote:

Being that you aren't at least 20 months in to your current contract, you would probably pay the full no-commitment price of the HTC One (~$600).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 1:03:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The rumored $199 is the  subsidized price, with a new contract.  As mentioned, if you used your device upgrade for the One X, you won't be up for another upgrade for a while (unless you happen to have multiple lines, and another one is already eligble for an upgrade.  Pricing details have not been released (subsidized or not).  But the unsubsidized price (if you are not eligible for a device upgrade) is probably around $600, as mentioned above.

The rumored $199 is the  subsidized price, with a new contract.  As mentioned, if you used your device upgrade for the One X, you won't be up for another upgrade for a while (unless you happen to have multiple lines, and another one is already eligble for an upgrade.  Pricing details have not been released (subsidized or not).  But the unsubsidized price (if you are not eligible for a device upgrade) is probably around $600, as mentioned above.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (807 Views)