Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2013
10:38:36 PM
View profile
How do you turn off predictive text ?

Predictive text always gets it wrong.  I don't want to use it but half the time the space bar is lit orange and then it auto-corrects automatically.  How do I stop it ?  Thanks  Laura  Cleveland Ohio

Predictive text always gets it wrong.  I don't want to use it but half the time the space bar is lit orange and then it auto-corrects automatically.  How do I stop it ?  Thanks  Laura  Cleveland Ohio

How do you turn off predictive text ?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2013 9:14:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

Settings

Language and Input

Keyboard and Input Methods

Samsung keyboard (little gear thing)

Predictive Text switch to Off

Settings

Language and Input

Keyboard and Input Methods

Samsung keyboard (little gear thing)

Predictive Text switch to Off

Re: How do you turn off predictive text ?

2 of 3 (1,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2013 8:05:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What phone?  Not sure about Samsung phones.  But on HTC phones, the predictive text choices "learn" from your typing behaviour and the choices you select.  So just because it was giving you the "wrong" predictive text in the past, does not mean it will continue to do so.

What phone?  Not sure about Samsung phones.  But on HTC phones, the predictive text choices "learn" from your typing behaviour and the choices you select.  So just because it was giving you the "wrong" predictive text in the past, does not mean it will continue to do so.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do you turn off predictive text ?

3 of 3 (1,318 Views)